Position Summary: The Electrician Journeyman reports to the Electrical Foreman and is responsible for the installation,maintenance and repair of electrical systems per work order,process sheet,sketches and drawings on oil drilling sites,production pads and commercial sites throughout New Mexico. Convert production drawings to tasks,ensure materials are available to complete task work with Apprentice crews.Manage projects and crews ensure compliance with state,federal,client,company safety and quality expectations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the planning, coordination and assigning of crews to achieve customer satisfaction
- Reads blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Converts production drawings to tasks and works with crew to complete
- Installs and repair of equipment, wiring or control devices
- Performs preventative maintenance on motors, pumps, generators, etc.
- Maintains substations and all electrical distribution systems
- Maintains, identifies and clearly marks all electrical panels as to functions of controls
- Maintains red lines per clients red line procedures.
- Repairs and calibrates electric line and electronic machinery, controls and distribution equipment
- Trains and mentors new employees and Apprentice Electricians from beginning to end of assignment to ensure quality work and facilitate learning
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with NEC and NFPA requirement as well as local, city, state, and national electrical codes, and all Company and Client standards.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Valid driver license with clean driving record
- Valid NM Electrical license, or have obtained reciprocity in the state of New Mexico. (Must submit with application)
- Two (2) year electrical experience in oilfield, preferred
- OSHA 10, or ability to obtain upon hire
- H2S, or ability to obtain upon hire
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with power tools, electrical equipment and construction equipment
- Knowledge of electrical codes
- Knowledge of proper electrical equipment use conducive to conditions and assignments including adherence to Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical systems, equipment, operational and mechanical systems including installation, test, maintenance and repair
- Understanding of how electrical system operates under normal and emergency conditions
- Understanding of electrical schematics, diagrams and blueprints
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in repair of electrical equipment, wiring, and other fixtures.
- Strong mechanical, analytical and solution driven skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Etc.)
- Basic math skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability
- Ability to diagnose system malfunctions, locate cause of breakdown and recommend solution
- Ability to recognize and respond to dangerous situations or emergencies such as high voltage systems, electrical fires, loose hot wires, broken power lines, etc.
- Ability to give direction and oversight to helpers and apprentices
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk, hear, and see.
- The incumbent frequently is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance and walk.
- The incumbent is occasionally required to sit.
- The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work is usually done outside at a job site/field site that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The incumbent is exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.