Roustabout - Carlsbad
FLSA Status:Non-Exempt, hourly
Schedule: Rotational or Non-Rotational
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely works in a potentially hazardous environment
- Secures equipment and safely transports according to company policy and DOT regulations
- Installs and makes repairs to oil and produced water tanks, including confined space entry
- Digs pits and lines
- Installs and repairs motors on equipment
- Operates high pressure power washing equipment
- Installs and repairs piping, valves, pumps, motors
- Installs and repairs pipelines
- Repairs dikes and performs general ground work around well sites
- Performs access road upkeep and maintenance
- Cleans up oil spills
- Performs general cleanup and grounds & buildings maintenance
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or Equivalent
- Current and valid Driver’s License - must be able to drive a company vehicle
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- 1 year minimum experience working in the Oilfield as a laborer or other field position, preferred.
- Current OSHA 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or be able to obtain upon hire
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Must be proficient with hand and power tools as well as heavy equipment
- Knowledgeable and experienced in oilfield operations, preferred
- Skilled in metal, mechanics or other labor crafts
- Ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities in a professional manner
- Ability and williness to be a team player and uphold a positive attitude
- Ability to work a minimum 12 hour shift daily
- Ablility to follow instructions and communicate clearly
- An outright commitment to an honest, safe, quality work product is a must.
- Class A CDL, preferred
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to type, talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The incumbent must repeatedly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work is usually done in outdoors and sometimes at a client facility or job site, and is frequently performed in inclement and/or extreme weather conditions. The incumbent is usually exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.