Essential Job Functions:
- Lifts, moves, holds or clamps pipe and fittings.
- Squares and levels fittings for welding
- Cleans weld joints to remove impurities such as slag, rust, and grease, using wire brush or portable grinder
- Connects hoses from hand torch and beveling machine to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders or connects cables from power source to electrode holder
- Operates cutting torch and beveling machine
- Starts diesel engine to active welding generators
- Cleans welds of slag and bb’s
- Tags or marks finished spools
- May attach slings to finished spools to move out of work area
- Maintain orderly work area and help welder roll up to change work location
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by departments
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Work Experience: None.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current OSHA 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or ability to obtain upon hire.
- Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of welding
- Knowledge of proper use of oxygen/acetylene cutting equipment, preferred.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment such as welder torch, electrode holder, drill press, gas welding and welding electrode, etc.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and safety regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Skilled in daily maintenance of machines including repairs and inspecting equipment to identify possible problems
- Ability to use time and equipment efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to handle stress and possess positive trait even in difficult or challenging situations
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, talk, hear and see.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Work is performed out of doors and may be in inclement weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
Disclaimer:The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.