FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Local hire preference.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides labor and assistance to civil work activities
- Provides labor and assistance to various discipline journeymen as assigned
- Performs job site maintenance/clean-up
- Fire watch duties as assigned to support structural or pipe welding activities
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Current and valid Driver’s License
- One (1) year experience working in oilfield as a Laborer or other field position, preferred
Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
- Take and pass a Fit-for-Duty Examination
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Basic knowledge and proficiency of hand and power tools used in an industrial oilfield setting
- Basic knowledge of civil, structural, pipefitting and/or other labor crafts
- Knowledge and experience in oilfield operations, preferred
- Ability to use time efficiently in order to complete projects/assignments on time
- Ability to work minimum 12 hour shift daily
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly in a team environment
- Skilled in maintaining positive attitude in challenging situations
Required Training & Certificates:
- North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) Training, preferred
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to type, talk and hear. The incumbent is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion. Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions. The incumbent is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The employee must be able to physically travel by air within, and out of, the State of Alaska.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.