Essential Job Functions:
- Assembles component layout by applying knowledge of geometry, physical metal properties and weld shrinkage
- Performs basic mathematical calculations pertaining to the craft such as rolling offsets, cutback of fittings, and takeout between welds and other fits
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications
- Inspect work-site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness
- Plan the sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers
- Prep material for welding by cutting or grinding using porta-band, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and/or grinder
- Thread pipe using threading machine
- Secure pipes to structure with bolt up, clamps, brackets, tack welding and hangars using hand tools and machines
- Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks
- Compare and recognize differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
- Reads and understands plans, isometrics, arrangement drawings, details, specifications, erection manuals and/or blueprints and make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Visualizes objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Work within precise limits and ASNI and ASME standards of accuracy
- Attends training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Work Experience: Three (3) years’ experience as industrial Pipefitter in oilfield preferred
- Valid Driver License with clean driving record
- OSHA 10 Certificate and current H2S Certificate, or the ability to obtain upon hire
- Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of geometry and physical metal properties
- Ability to do material takeoffs, figure offsets, takeoff of fittings, and rigging
- Knowledge of ANSI and ASME standards for Pipes and Fittings
- Ability to read and understand plans, isometrics, drawings, specification and/or blueprints
- Basic understanding of rigging to move pipe into proper location
- Ability to read maps, and navigate to remote locations
- Ability to plan and organize within a work schedule
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to take direction, and adapt to rapidly changing priorities
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to type, talk and hear.
- The incumbent is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The incumbent is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
Disclaimer:The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.