Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect facilities, prioritize necessary repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance
- Prioritize work requests
- Identify material and equipment needs
- Organize supplies and equipment
- Performs general maintenance on equipment and/or machinery that may include, but is not limited to; carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaky faucets,
- Builds/moves/removes interior wall partitions
- Builds/moves rubble piles, wooden facades, adds safety rails, closes off doorways/windows, cuts new doorways/windows, moves/rearranges furniture, etc.
- Fixes electrical and plumbing issues as necessary
- Handles roofing repairs as needed
- Handles emergency maintenance issues as needed
- Grounds maintenance to include, but not limited to; snow-removal, mowing, clearing trees and brush, clearing walkways and entryways of snow and debris as needed
- Janitorial duties may include; wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, painting, vacuuming, and general cleaning as needed
- Cleans cabins/trailers, on-site buildings and other areas as needed
- Feeds livestock
- Document all needed repairs and report all repairs to supervisor
- Ensure buildings and property are secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Work Experience:
- Two (2) years’ experience in general facility maintenance
- Current and valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record
- Current OSH 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or be able to obtain upon hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of carpentry, painting and electrical systems
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment
- Knowledge of cleaning components and chemicals and their safe, efficient uses
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents
- Ability to use hand power tools
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- The incumbent must have good manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination.
- The incumbent frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The incumbent must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require the use of earplugs on occasion.
- Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The incumbent is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, and equipment.
- The incumbent must be able to physically travel by air within, and out of, the State of North Dakota.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.