Electrical QC Inspector
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support and training to the personnel in relation to the project quality
- Record and document any and all deviations from plans
- Notify management of any discrepancies found
- Monitor and report progress against inspection and test plan
- Inspect the production quality to establish requirements are being met
- Verify work is in place according to drawing and specifications
- On-site inspection of electrical and instrumentation projects
- Ensure all electrical and instrumentation activities (i.e., installation, loop checks, completions and pre-commissioning of the electric works) are carried out in accordance with pertinent rules and regulations, codes, standards and specifications.
- Inspect and oversee all electrical installation and testing activities and be proactive in projecting any adverse impact on the scheduling and delay of productivity
- Monitor and report all electrical progress and acquire necessary documents and approvals to ensure continued workflow
- Monitor the performance of all control activities and tests on electrical systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems relating to electrical quality control
- Attends training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor degree in Engineering field or Business Administration is preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Five (5) years’ work experience as Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Journeyman Electrician Certification or reciprocal within one month of hire.
- Valid Driver License – Clean driving record
- Current OSHA 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or the ability to obtain upon hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of electrical systems, equipment, operational and mechanical systems including; installation, test, maintenance, and repair
- Knowledge of proper electrical equipment use conducive to conditions and assignments including adherence to Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations
- Skilled in repairing/fixing electrical equipment, wiring, hand or power tools and other fixtures
- Ability to recognize and respond to dangerous situations or emergencies such as high voltage systems, electrical fires, loose hot wires, broken power lines, etc.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Quality Control processes, procedures, standards and specifications
- Knowledge and experience with power tools, testing equipment, test lamps, measuring devices, power construction equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Computer Systems
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications
- Ability to diagnose system malfunctions, locate cause of breakdown and correct the problem or recommend solution
- Ability to set and balance priorities in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to make decisions and recommend appropriate course of action in difficult situations
- Ability to communicate effectively as a supervisor both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain positive attitude during difficult situations
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications in a professional demeanor.
- Able to represent Delta Constructors in a professional manner and negotiate favorably with key members of the other firms and agencies.
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor with clients
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to type, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work is usually done in a warehouse and outdoors, and often at a client facility or job site.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
- The incumbent may be susceptible to periodic extreme weather patterns.
- North Dakota locations only: The employee must be able to physically travel by air within, and out of, the State of North Dakota.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.