Mechanical QC Inspector
Pay: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Mechanical Quality Control Inspector reports directly to the Quality Supervisor. The incumbent performs quality control functions to assure compliance with federal and state regulations, and owner and client requirements for each project. Work is performed under general supervision, and is reviewed by the Quality Control Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in in the processing of installation procedures.
- Notifies supervisors of any discrepancies found between work completed and material installed and owner or client quality requirements.
- Performs special processes and field installation inspections and surveillance, of equipment and materials.
- Performs field in-process welding inspections.
- Ensures compliance with specifications, procedures and plans
- Updates and maintains Quality Control files and documentation
- Reviews engineering drawings and tracks quality progress based on scope of work.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Expertise:
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communications in a professional demeanor.
- 2-4 years of engineering and quality control experience, or in relevant field preferred.
- Able to represent Delta Constructors in a professional manner and negotiate favorably with key members of the other firms and agencies.
- Must be a current AWS Certified Welding Inspector.
- HS diploma required.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering field or Business Administration is preferred.
(1 year of directly related work experience may qualify to substitute 1 year of education to meet the education requirement)
Required Training & Certificates:
Attends training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department.
Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications.
Upholds current Welding Inspector certification.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Work is usually done in a warehouse and outdoors, and often at a client facility or job site. The incumbent can be susceptible to periodic extreme weather patterns.
Disclaimer:The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.