This position operates cranes and responsible for the regular maintenance of all crane-related equipment. The incumbent needs to be a highly skilled crane operator that can manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction and hoist movement. All work shall be in accordance with National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) standards and guidelines.FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Regular
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate boom trucks, rough terrain cranes and truck cranes in a safe and efficient manner
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, or turn dials to operate cranes or other moving equipment for lifting
- Load or unload bundles from trucks or containers
- Determine load weights and ensure lifting capacities to prevent overload
- Direct signal persons, riggers, truck drivers and all personnel involved before and during lifting operations
- Maintain and inspect crane daily and have the ability to make minor repairs as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work Experience: Two (2) years’ experience as a crane operator
- Valid NCCCO certification
- NM Crane License
- CDL with Air Brakes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of crane operators (boom, mobile, tower, overhead, articulating and etc.) and other heavy civil construction equipment functions and operations
- Knowledge of proper equipment use conducive to conditions and assignment
- Have a thorough knowledge of OSHA rules and standards
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Highly skilled in operating cranes and other heavy equipment and machines while maintaining safety and efficiency
- Skills in daily maintenance of machines including repairs and inspecting equipment to identify possible problems
- Skills in use of Computer/Laptop or other supporting devices commensurate with program and job applications
- Ability to use time and equipment efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and possess positive trait even in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.