Essential Job Functions:
- Proficient in layout, print reading, P&ID’s, Isometric Drawings, and spec sheets.
- Operate hand power tools common to welding such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc
- Hold, clamp heat-bend, tack-weld or bolt component parts
- Ignite and install torches, install torch tips, flux and filler rods within specifications
- Weld using stainless steel, carbon steel and other alloys.
- Provide Mobile Transportation with the proper tools for performing all essential functions in various locations.
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Work Experience: Welding experience
- Current and valid driver’s license, with clean driving record
- Ability to Pass GT/SM ASME B31.3 SMAW 2” SCH. 160 6G Pipe Test
- Current OSHA 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or be able to obtain upon hire
- Post Job Offer Requirements:
- Take and pass a pre-employment drug test
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of industrial construction and characteristics of all equipment functions and operations related to the position
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment such as welder torch, electrode holder; drill press, gas welding and welding electrode and etc.
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Skills in daily maintenance of machines including repairs and inspecting equipment to identify possible problems
- Ability to use time and equipment efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and maintain positive attitude in difficult or challenging situations
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.