The Project Manager role is dependent on active projects and their corresponding work load.
The position will provide leadership and management skills that are key to delivering projects and programs safely, and within deadlines and set budgets given. The incumbent will identify new opportunities for company growth, by developing and maintaining community connections and building relationships within the oil & gas industry and its partner industries.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management of all aspects of a project
- Actively participate and lead the project safety program
- Participates in weekly and daily safety meetings through public speaking and presentation
- Establish and manage the project budget and schedule
- Fosters a teamwork atmosphere with the staff and crew
- Review and approve all project related procedures
- Understands estimating and earned value reporting
- Portray a positive symbol of Delta and the client to the community.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Construction Team empowering them to be successful while holding them accountable for project delivery
- Ability to achieve strict deadlines even in complex projects
- Supervises a multi-discipline crew and is able to delegate to staff and crew members to efficiently accomplish the project
- Provides engineering constructability support for project development
- Actively engages, supports, supervises, and leads an integrated Construction and Pre-Commissioning team through each phase of construction and system completions.
- Serves as the point of contact and is proactive in all client interfaces
- Leads by example for client and crew
- Understands System based scheduling and Mechanical Completions
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Project Management or related field required. Two (2) years related experience may be substituted for education.
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Ten (10) years' experience managing similar projects with emphasis on Industrial Construction; AND ten (10) years' supervisory experience. Work experience to INCLUDE seven (7) years' North Slope experience.
- Valid and current Driver License with clean driving record
- Certification in Project Management, preferred
- OSHA 10 Certificate, or ability to obtain upon hire
- H2S Certificate, or ability to obtain upon hire
- NJAT/DHEQ/Certificate of Fitness
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated understanding of Safety Leadership programs and their goals and objectives.
- Experience in leading or co-leading Safety programs
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project management tools, including quality programs, project controls systems, and construction techniques.
- Experience in personnel management including knowledge of human resources procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in excellent written and verbal communication.
- Skilled at resolving conflict and building strong performing teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical project management procedures, standards and specifications
- Ability to recognize and respond to dangerous situations or emergencies
- Ability to set and balance priorities in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to make decisions and recommend appropriate course of action in difficult situations
- Ability to communicate effectively as a supervisor, both verbally and written
- Ability to handle stress and possess positive attitude even in difficult or challenging situations
- Computer skills commensurate with duties of the position
- Skilled at conflict resolution and building strong performing teams
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud and may require the use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work is done in a variety of settings, including in an office setting, at a client facility or job site in the field and may be in inclement weather conditions.
- Work Location is primarily based on North Slope so will be subject to extreme weather conditions.
- Travel to and from the North Slope is required.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.