The Carpenter is responsible to perform various duties that are related to framing (conventional wood frame); installation of siding and trim (corrugated metal); installation of roofing and trim (corrugated metal); installation of windows and doors. The incumbent will be responsible for staging and managing materials, job site cleanup, remodel work and maintenance of existing buildings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install structures or fixtures such as frames, windows, doors, roof and siding
- Remodel work such as repair or maintain cabinets, doors, frameworks, floor or other wooden fixtures
- Assemble or put together materials to create frameworks or other wooden fixtures using hand and power tools
- Measure, shape and cut materials specified measurements
- Understand blueprints, sketches or building plans
- Frame, install, shape or cut materials to specified measurements
- Maintain logs, reports, work requests or other records of work to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Work Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in general carpentry
- Current OSH 10 and Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) certificates or be able to obtain upon hire
- Current and valid driver’s license, with clean driving record
- Other equivalencies related to Carpentry or other program from an accredited vocational school
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of general carpentry
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the different type of tools involved in construction
- Knowledge of design, principles and technical plans such as blueprints, drawings and models
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra and its applications commensurate to the requirements of the job
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to materials and equipment use and operation
- Ability to use time efficiently in order to complete projects/assignments on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and possess positive attitude even in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by the department
- Strong Organizational Skills
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move items that weigh at least 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The incumbent is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day. Compensation is dependent upon proven qualifications.