Functional Checkout Technician
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in planning as required
- Builds the FCO Folders and validates they are adequate to complete all required pre-commissioning and commissioning checks and tests
- Verifies all test equipment is NIST Traceable and has a current calibration date
- Utilize industry standards for testing such as IEEE, NETA, ISA or another recognized and approved standard
- Completes Blue lines, Red lines and B check sheets
- Conducts jobs in accordance with relevant codes and site specific procedures while following applicable safety procedures, specifically Energy Isolation Procedures and Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- INSTRUMENT FCO TECHNICIAN: Calibration and testing of transmitters, switches, converters, recorders, indicators, actuated valves, and control loops back to PLC or DCS systems.
- ELECTRICAL FCO TECHNICIAN: Verification of termination torques, data sheets, cold checks of electrical, fire & gas and communication systems.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Work Experience: Five (5) years of experience as FCO/Commissioning Technician
- Current and valid Driver License
- Alaska locations only: North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) Training, required
- Alaska locations only for Electrical FCO Technician: Valid Alaska Electrical License or reciprocity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and willingness, to receive and follow direction.
- Ability to clearly communicate (both verbal, and written).
- Ability to work safely, and recognize potential hazards.
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle (within the requirements of our insurance carrier).
- Ability to diagnose system malfunctions, locate cause of breakdown and correct the problem or recommend solution
- Ability to make decisions and recommend appropriate course of action in difficult situations
- Knowledge and experience use of power tools, testing equipment, test lamps, measuring devices, power construction equipment.
- Knowledge of proper electrical equipment use conducive to conditions and assignments including adherence to Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations
- An outright commitment to an honest, safe, quality work product is a must
- INSTRUMENT FCO TECHNICIAN:
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and electrical specifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of control systems, equipment, operational and mechanical systems including; installation, test, maintenance and repair.
- Skills in repairing/fixing instrumentation, wiring, control systems.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, standards and regulations
- Working knowledge of AC and DC control circuits
- ELECTRICAL FCO TECHNICIAN:
- Ability to recognize and respond to dangerous situations or emergencies such as high voltage systems, electrical fires, loose hot wires, broken power lines and etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical systems, equipment, operational and mechanical systems including; installation, test, maintenance and repair.
- Experienced in the following tests; Motor Phase Rotation, AC VLF Hi-Pot, Megger (0-10KVDC), Bottle Vacuum Test, Transformer Turns Ratio, Transformer Oil Sample, DLRO, Battery Load, Ground Resistance, NGR Resistance, Switch Gear Functionality, Circuit Breaker, Fire & Gas System Checks, Heat Trace Performance
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The incumbent is required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion.
- Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions.
- The incumbent is exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.
- Alaska locations only: The incumbent must be able to physically travel by air within, and out of, the State of Alaska.
Disclaimer:The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.