Equipment Operator/Truck Driver - ND
Essential Job Functions:
- Competently Operate a 300 Series Excavator to install underground utilities-piping and rigging and other appropriate use of Excavation
- Competently Operate Mini Excavator, Skid Steer, Build 8x10Pads
- Competently Drive and Operate Low Boy to haul pipe, buildings, ect.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License -must be able to retain validity of CDL with no lapse
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in North Dakota
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Civil Construction and characteristics of all equipment functions and operations
- Knowledge of proper equipment use conducive to conditions and assignment
- Knowledge of Hazardous Materials and Safety Regulations and industry practices related to equipment use and operation
- Skills in operating equipment and machines proficiently and safely
- Skills in daily maintenance of machines including repairs and inspecting equipment to identify possible problems
- Skills in use of Computer/Laptop or other supporting devices commensurate with program and job applications
- Ability to use time and equipment efficiently in order to complete projects on time
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and possess positive trait even in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to attend training sessions, seminars and appropriate educational classes required by department
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the applicant/employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to talk, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required tasks in a safe manner.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require use of ear plugs on occasion. Work condition is outside environment (job site/field site) that may have inclement weather conditions. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment.