Legal Affairs Supervisor
We are now looking to hire an experienced lawyer to the team to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and to support Delivery Hero, KSA. The legal counsel will use his/her experience and competence, and good business understanding to independently provide our internal clients with high quality services and negotiations of commercial contracts, regulatory compliance, intellectual property rights and dispute resolution.
Equally important is that the legal counsel, in providing guidance and advice, shows integrity and business acumen, and always puts the interests of the Delivery Hero, KSA as a whole first. The role also requires the ability to manage external legal resources and coordinate the legal work in various types of projects. The team and each of its members constantly strive to be our internal clients’ trusted advisers.
- Draw up legal documents, contracts required by clients.
- Actively participate in all preparatory activities, coordination and alignment with all relevant units and departments related to deals and negotiations of aforesaid instruments.
- Consider and advise on legal and other requirements resulting from legislation, agreements, contracts and other undertakings.
- Offer and perform legal training and education;
- Provide guidance regarding filing and maintenance of agreements and similar documents in accordance with applicable laws.
- Manage disputes, claims, actions and potential disputes, claims, actions.
- Provide information and guidance in implementing new or amended legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Implement policies and directives and decisions of Delivery Hero, KSA.
- Provide guidance and advise on general legal issues in a multi-territory and multi-jurisdiction environment as well as guidance and advise on general compliance and trade compliance.
- Bachelor of Law or similar.
- More than 6 years of experience as corporate in-house counsel and/or member of leading corporate law firm.
- Experience required in "new business models" such as content licensing, revenue share schemes etc.
- Commercial and intellectual property rights experience required
Professional For Competence Area
- Excellent knowledge of contract law, international contractual principles and customs, in addition to very good knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required as well as extensive negotiation experience from an international environment.
- Good negotiation skills and legal skill and acumen.
- Must be able to work at all levels as well as at a most senior and high level, under time pressure, across a cross section of the business with critical and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate the following human competencies/skills: communication, management networking and leadership.
- Must be people oriented, i.e. must be able to relate to people with empathy, yet to be objective in judgment and quickly win the confidence of others.
- Should be able to quickly develop a strong internal and external network.
- Integrity must be of the highest level.
- Must be a true team player, professional, confident, sound analytical thinker and always really good judgment.