Country Logistics Manager
Talabat is part of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace family Delivery Hero.
Founded in 2004 by a small group of entrepreneurs in Kuwait, Talabat’s success expanded to the rest of the GCC region & Jordan, making it the largest and most popular food ordering app in the region, connecting users to restaurants that cater to all taste buds.
Talabat is the go-to platform for online food ordering on the Middle East.
As a Country Delivery Manager reporting to the Director of Logistics, you are accountable for overall logistics & service operations, follow up of performance and costs of the logistics operations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Logistics department
- Ensure all relevant country strategies and priorities are aligned
- Responsible for optimizing processes, maximizing driver utilization, minimizing order times, and ultimately positively impacting the overall customer experience
- Oversee and ensure proper restaurant set up including monitoring of restaurant performance
- Mentor and manage Logistics and Delivery Team
- Monitor the Logistics department's performance and take relevant actions to achieve the goals for growth, budget and performance in the business plan and logistics action plan.
- Accountable for the KPI Monitoring System Set Up – Develop a set of feasible and implementable KPI to track and evaluate rider service level and performance
- Live the Talabat values and nurture a strong and thriving Talabat culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements on the ground, specifically in the Logistics department.
- Contribute to the Marketing campaigns and activities
- Engage and partner with appropriate external suppliers
- Manage the inventory of all the equipment’s
Your Heroic Skills
- Ideally 7-10 years of Logistics experience in Food or an internationally-branded retailer
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills in English both verbal and written. Arabic fluency is a plus.
- Must have a strong analytical and mathematical skills and high level of computer literacy.
- Must have previous experience in a managerial role leading teams with the ability to bring out the best in coworkers and to motivate and develop the organization
- Business-minded with a clear customer focus.
- Developing and implementing action plans including providing clear direction and following up on goals.
- Experience of leading in a changing environment with the ability to confront and manage poor performance
- Good understanding of local areas and street system.
- Experience with logistics and last-mile delivery are preferred
- Can-do attitude, problem solving skills and passion for food industry