● Managing the full operations end to end (inventory management, pick-pack process, property/asset management, operational standards, expense control, maintenance related).
● Inventory management: Ensure correct processes, policies and proper execution of inventory management (stock-in and stock-out). Shrink/Expiry control and Quality focus (in terms of inventory no damaged or poor fresh food quality; close to expiry).
● Pick-Pack process: Ensure efficient and correct pick and pack process and service level (starting with ensuring availability, picking up the correct item/quantity at the correct price) & proper management of the staffing and scheduling as per demand to achieve desired UTR and service level.
● Property / Asset management: Proper management of the property and facility, plus asset management and tracking.
● Expense Control: Identify potential opportunities to reduce expenses with same operational efficiency.
● Maintenance related: Define the guidelines for all engineering and maintenance tasks / equipment / key activities i.e. outsourcing VS internal services, local VS regional contracts, preventive maintenance plan, etc.
● Managing Productivity, work standards, and development of store staff.
● Monitoring and managing the store costs VS budget for the section.
● Ensuring continuous improvement of current performance VS accepted standard/best practices at the store (i.e. stock level, productivity, service level).
● Monitoring financial and operational performance of each store and initiating required actions for improvement.
● Controlling and ensuring that equipment, infrastructure, etc. in stores are used and maintained properly.
● Developing action plans with the department manager to address weak areas in need of improvement.
● Instituting training and developmental programs for staff and monitoring effective implementation.
● Ensuring proper implementation of merchandising and space planning guidelines in stores.
● Monitoring product range availability according to selected store product range.
● Develop preventive and regular maintenance plans.
● You have at least 5+ years of experience in progressive development and management of multiple product categories, matured by working for large retailers, in an international setting.
● Experience in the merchandise function, and knowledge of category management activity, including product strategy, pricing definition, sales planning and negotiation with suppliers, matured in large retailers or large consumer goods companies.
● You have built teams and led cross-functional projects at scale.
● You are very detail-oriented, structured and know how to prioritize -- you consider yourself as someone who delivers solutions and not bottlenecks to be solved.
● You are able to interact with senior-level executives and can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
● You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job.
● You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools.
● Additionally, you have robust interpersonal and intercultural skills. You can inspire several teams and stakeholders to rally behind a mission.
● Language skills: Fluent English and Arabic would be highly advantageous.