General Manager - KSA (f/m/d)
Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform with a mission to be the international leader of the category. Our awesome International team already operates in over 40 countries worldwide delivering millions of meals every month. We are genuine, non-conformists, entrepreneurs, smart, data-oriented and definitely know how to have fun. We are looking for you to join us.
The Groceries team at Delivery Hero consists of intelligent and driven people from all around the world who work closely together with our entities worldwide to disrupt the market. This team is responsible for acting as a catalyst for new verticals of Delivery Hero and in ensuring their success, further rollout, and solidification of our continued success.
- Identify and build a network of warehouse space across the region
- Build your team from the ground up to launch and scale grocery delivery across Saudi Arabia, including the warehouse operations team, buying and category management team, regional operations and support team
- As the General Manager, you will be responsible for defining the operating procedures, KPIs and ensuring the success of all teams
- Closely collaborate with our global grocery product and operations team, as well as, local entity teams to drive process implementation in the context of global projects (40+ countries)
- Reconcile locals’ needs and technical capabilities in order to optimize our business performance
- Lead cross-functional team alignment to make our internal and external operations more efficient and scalable
- You will own the definition of KPIs and sales targets and drive operations to meet goals
- Constantly monitor fulfillment processes and recommend improvements to increase productivity and also drive total revenue
- Understand the needs of stakeholders with competing priorities, while delivering solutions that satisfy both mutually: i.e. balancing retailer partners’ needs and those of our operations teams
- Closely collaborate with Delivery Hero central teams in constantly refining the project blueprint and executing against it
- You will be required to travel 25% of the time (depending also on your preferences) to the central offices of the additional regions we operate within
Your heroic skills:
- You have at least 7 years of experience in progressively responsible roles in consumer retail, or CPG. Alternatively, you might have worked in a consulting capacity in this industry and are looking forward to an operator role.
- You have built teams and led cross-functional projects at scale
- Experience working within logistics, real estate is also advantageous
- You are very detail-oriented, structured and know how to prioritize -- you consider yourself as someone who delivers solutions and not bottlenecks to be solved
- You are willing to do anything necessary for the project to succeed, including working on the warehouse floor when you are short staffed to making a customer delivery, or to take customer calls. No job is too insignificant, no detail is too small for you.
- You are able to interact with senior-level executives and can manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- You are someone energized by the unknown and look forward to learning each day on the job
- You feel comfortable operating with Tableau and Looker - SQL skills would be a major plus
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills, and always like to be hands-on with several tools
- Additionally, you have robust interpersonal and intercultural skills. You can inspire several teams and stakeholders to rally behind a mission
- Language skills: Fluent English is mandatory. Native Arabic would be highly advantageous
We offer you:
- An entrepreneurial opportunity to build a business unit from scratch and scale it up to success at the regional level
- A dynamic, fast-paced environment in a globally leading e-commerce company
- A unique entrepreneurial opportunity to build something from the ground up and scale it up to a major regionally recognizable brand
- A great learning curve in a collaborative environment with no barriers for initiatives
- Leading compensation and relocation package for the right candidate
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We’re looking forward to your application!