Communications Strategy Director
At DDB, we believe Creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do. By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it. We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Architects experience and communication strategies for the agency’s clients
- Develops consumer journey, experience ecosystem, and channel specific objectives and measurement planning with the intent to drive successful client outcomes.
- Leads Client, agency partners, media properties, and others in development of connections planning initiatives that drive a successful campaign.
- Ensures that multi-disciplinary team works to identify consumer behaviors, leverage media trends and new media capabilities, pushing for fame and category innovation.
- Organizes and oversees campaign measurement (in partnership with media agencies), implementation of test, learn and optimization processes for campaign effectiveness, including monthly and quarterly measurement reporting.
- Inspires internal teams, clients and external teams in how strategic connections can be used to bring ideas to life. Ensuring that the client and creative team have a sophisticated understanding of how experience, comms and media work together to drive business success.
- Manages client relationships and proactively develops future campaign initiatives/thinking.
- Maintains a relationship with all teams working across the client’s business.
- Participates and even co-leads new business pitches, with Head of Strategy.
- Works closely with creative teams to inspire creative campaign development
- Manages Senior Content Strategist unleashing the hidden potential in others and helping to unlock new skills and team growth.
- 6-8 years of integrated media-related and/or creatively driven agency experience.
- A proven track record of implementing holistic connections planning strategies across channels that brings a big idea and creative platform to life.
- Demonstrated examples of implementation of key consumer insights into the formulation of big ideas and communications strategy, across all disciplines.
- Experience with the integration of creative, media, PR and commerce disciplines toward a singular strategic approach.
- Track record of successful and productive relationship development with agency partners.
- Senior client relationship management experience.
- Ability to manage a matrixed organization.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving.
- Risk taker who is open to change and has a knack for developing unconventional ideas, original opinions and insights.
- Highly organized individual who can prioritize, meet deadlines, improve processes, and manage time effectively.
- Has a level of professional knowledge and capability necessary to do the job, has motivation to continue learning and sharing knowledge.
- Passionate about integrated marketing. Inspires and influences others, team leadership, courage, accessibility and integrity.
- Committed to both company and self improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passionate, persistent and fun to be with.
- Confident and tenacious individual who strives for success in reaching goals.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of audience-led marketing, consumer journey mapping, integrated communications and channel planning. A basic knowledge of disciplines underlying these principles, i.e., psychology, economics, analytics.
- Thorough knowledge of the dynamics across a consumer’s journey and which channels are effective at each stage of that journey, how they perform together and how they are constantly changing.
- A passion for culture, trends and motivations in consumer behavior.
- A strong understanding of the clients’ industries and environments within which they operate.
- Digitally and socially sophisticated. Able to operate w/ ease across channels.
- Entrepreneurial, smart thinking & an innovative outlook are important personal characteristics that will make a difference.
DDB SF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB SF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. DDB SF will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.