VP of Talent US
We all live in a connected world. We discover, engage, interact with and advocate for brands quicker than ever and in more places than ever. While at the same time, advertising has never been easier to avoid or ignore. Our job is not just to make ads. It’s to help our clients’ brands come to life in more of the right places more frequently and in a way that gets them noticed, remembered, chosen and loved.
DDB North America (NAM) looks to accelerate its evolution from traditional creative agency, driven to deliver famous ads, to a more modern creative collective obsessed with finding new ways for creativity to drive business growth. The change being undertaken is for the DDB (NAM) region to be a connected set of progressive creative agencies, staying ahead of clients, connected into the DDB Worldwide and Omnicom networks, and using these relationships to lead the next creative revolution in our industry. We are transitioning our agencies to become total consumer experience partners to our clients who will focus on applying creativity across the entirety of our clients businesses, not just the communications side.
Across DDB NAM, growth is everyone’s business. As talent is our most critical asset and an enabler of growth, your role is to translate our regional business strategy into a dynamic evolving NAM people strategy. You determine the ways we differentiate ourselves to achieve competitive advantage, including how we lead employee experiences to engage and retain top diverse talent. A key component of the role is to ensure our culture, values and behaviours are evident across every office and environment to enable people to achieve more than they ever imagined.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not exclusive to:
- You are driven by supporting the growth of our business and our clients’ business. You love the Win! Win!
- You partner to propel the incubation of a growth mindset across offices and teams.
- You are a passionate people person who prides yourself in helping others unlock their full potential.
- You understand how employee engagement is a driver of business performance and get excited by evidencing how it’s critical to business success and affects the agency’s financial health and profitability.
- You love solving problems and will always find a solution whatever the challenge.
- You are a trusted business partner to agency leadership, a commercially focussed people practitioner who proactively contributes to driving the people and culture agenda across the business.
- You build and know what it takes to sustain an inclusive workplace environment where the best talents flourish, are engaged and want to stay.
- You not only facilitate but champion our employee engagement survey and are adept at rigorous data analysis to identify critical insights that drive action and improvement – you love to problem solve.
- You are an advocate and ally for diversity, equity and inclusion. You spearhead the DE&I agenda set out by our Global Head of DE&I, leading it as a business priority to ensure every agency is taking a strategic approach across all touchpoints to improve the demographic of our workforce .
- You validate to leadership the commercial importance of active talent management, leveraging the networks tools and processes, including:
- Owning end-to-end our Voice employee engagement survey, using insights to execute annual action plans that materially improve y-o-y results.
- Twice per year you lead the 9-box talent assessment process, overseeing the leadership and department conversations required to determine employee contribution and placement in each cell.
- You know who the top talents are in boxes 6, 8 & 9 and create development and retention plans for them. You partner with leadership to have effective succession plans in place for every top performer role.
- You lead a performance management process for the agency that provides developmental feedback, enables personal development plans and identifies improvement systems.
- You work well with everyone, but especially agency and department leads to ensure there is a local learning & development curriculum in your office which is strategic, progressive and aligned with our DDB NAM priorities.
- You ensure exceptional levels of departmental excellence and business satisfaction.
- You are someone who effectively manages, engages and retains HR talent. You inspire and motivate a team of HR generalists and coordinators through your role modeling of high standards of commitment and performance.
- You partner with the Talent Attraction & Acquisition team to ensure timely communication and process related to new hires.
- You are responsible for the employee lifecycle from onboarding (reference and other checks, offers, contracts, managing visa applications when required, inductions), development and retention plans (including appraisals and succession planning), and exit management.
- You conduct thorough exit interviews and review them monthly with the Global Head of DEI to identify and address issues that are causing turnover.
- You advise and support both the business and HR team across all ER matters, taking legal, commercial and practical views.
- You seek to find the right answers by analyzing trends, data and best practices from all available sources. You utilize this information to gain buy-in for change implementation such as improving benefit offerings, expanding L&D opportunities, introducing a wellbeing agenda.
- You are constantly curious and always growing your knowledge and understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws to communicate information as and where relevant.
- You don’t get frustrated by process and can calmly and efficiently manage reporting and information sharing requirements as stipulated by DDB Worldwide and Omnicom.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- You partner with the Global Head of DE&I to deliver on the strategy and KPIs established to create equitable and inclusive environments for all.
- You work in partnership with key stakeholders to implement and monitor programs and policies designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all.
- You manage training and culture programs that develop employee skills and improve employee retention.
- You maintain an ongoing internal DE&I audit and reporting system that measures key workforce metrics. You analyze and leverage this data regularly in partnership with the NAM People leadership team to inform talent decisions.
- You find and utilize the best channels to optimize our DDB employer brand profile.
- You are constantly networking your network to identify top diverse talent in the market and making sure DDB is on their radar as the most attractive network.
- You identify and build relationships with new partners that expand DDB's hiring pool and brand as an employer of choice.
- You are passionate about building a region full of the best diverse talents.
- You are passionate about creativity, precision and business, understanding how your role contributes to driving employee and agency growth.
- You are connected into the industry across your market.
- You are an expert listener and communicator.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a business partner, influencer and team builder.
- You are confident asserting authority when needed, to ensure the right course of action is followed to both protect the business and serve employees.
- You are experienced managing a number of projects, operating within tight deadlines and can prioritise conflicting needs to progress matters expeditiously and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- You pride yourself in the ability to work independently in a high pace demanding environment on your own initiatives whilst being part of a wider team.
- You have a proactive approach to problem-solving with good decision-making capability
- You take pride in being accountable in all things ‘people’.
- You are, as DDB founder Bill Bernbach famously demanded of everyone at this agency, Talented and Nice.
- You always strive and go the extra mile.