Director of Diversity Equity and Inclusion
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
DDB is looking to bring aboard an experienced talent leader that has familiarity inspiring, developing, and leading diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies. The Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will play a key role in developing talent attraction strategies while developing broader diversity, equity, and inclusion programs designed to cultivate a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive community for the employees across the network. The ideal candidate has experience guiding solutions through ideation, execution, and measurement.
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Align diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and initiatives focused on recruiting, retention and leadership development with business objectives
- Develop & implement enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion programs and policies leveraging macro-trends, research, analysis and benchmarks
- Influence through educating and serving as a consultative change agent for the network
- Proactively maintain pipelines of diverse candidates aligned to business strategies across all seniority levels of the business through internal and external industry networking
- Establish key metrics to assess, measure and track results of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Provide guidance and direction to our developing employee resource groups including our DE&I North America committee
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders to create, implement and monitor programs and policies designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment and selection of clients and vendor partners
- Track and leverage data to identify opportunities for growth, promote adoption of inclusive practices, and communicate insights & recommendations to senior leadership
- Create and manage training and culture programs to develop employee skills and improve employee retention
- Establish and maintain an internal audit and reporting system to allow for effective measurement of programs
- Responsible for planning and managing DEI projects and programs to ensure they are completed on time and within budget and scope
- You will have at least 8-10 years of experience helping facilitate change in a large, networked organization, preferably in marketing, advertising, or PR
- You've developed diverse sourcing strategies that have led to lasting relationships with academic, non-profit, and local community groups that have resulted in the hiring and retention of exceptional diverse talent.
- Extremely well organized, detail oriented, comfortable asking questions and diligent in following up, proven project management skills
- Strong technical skills, familiarity with CMS tools such as Mailchimp, Wordpress, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote)
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to stay calm and efficient under intense deadlines
DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.