Digital Graphic Designer / Art Director
We are one of North America’s leading Health and Lifestyle agencies, and our goal here at Anderson DDB is to treat each brand’s success as its own. So whether the product brought to us is consumer or health-related, whether the audience is the general public or medical professionals, we’ll do the research, examine the market -- learn everything we need to know to raise awareness among target audiences.
We are looking for a Digital Designer to join our team. Working with a Copywriter you would be responsible for the conception and execution of innovative concepts and art direction that sell the client’s product or service. Based on the client’s briefing it is your task to develop creative concepts and layouts for interactive campaigns. You would work closely with the Digital Project Manager to ensure interactive ideas are executable within approved scopes and be able to work with Clients’ development partners to design to existing frameworks. The Digital Designer helps support the Associate Creative Directors in the development of junior Digital Designers/Art Directors. Reporting to the responsible Associate Creative Directors for their brands.
- Develops the main idea in conjunction with the copywriter and ensures that an individual “look” within the concept has been achieved
- Briefing and supervision of the studio and supporting resources on individual projects for the brand
- Creation of layouts and artwork for presentation of creative concepts through to supervision of final art or required digital file formats
- Observation of trends in on-line advertising and communications
- Responsible for the preparation of presentation layouts
Qualities & Qualifications
Our preferred candidate will have the following:
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent in design with a minimum of 3+ years hands-on experience creating digital work
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with HTML and CSS a plus, but not required
- Solid portfolio of diverse projects ranging in scale and type
- Comfort across the complete scope of the UX/UI spectrum—from sketches to wireframes, through visual design and final production
- Able to conceptualize in RWD, with a focus on mobile first
- Ability to explain and argue for design options, decisions, and strategies across the organization—usually to non-designers
- Adeptness in collaborating directly with developers on fast-evolving, iterative designs
- Continued experimentation with new tools and processes, researching new approaches and techniques
- Flexibility in terms of process, which is evolving with every project
- Capable of abstract and conceptual thinking in addition to beautiful execution
- Good storyteller, communicator, and occasional copywriter
- An eye for precision, clean design, and low-friction digital experiences
- Front-end development experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Prototyping skills
- Familiarity with the Agile process
- Good interpersonal skills and relates well to both client and internal personnel
- Shows ability to be proactive
- Show ability to think logically, even under pressure
- Shows respect for agency policy and procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.