Backend / PHP Developer
Track DDB is on fire producing great work for some of the biggest brands around. And if you’ve got the chops and creds to keep fueling the flames as a Backend / PHP Developer, we want to talk with you.
We are the CRM, Data and Analytics division of DDB Canada. Harnessing sound strategic insights and innovative technology to produce targeted, breakthrough creative driven by data science. The result? Results. Big time.
You will report to our VP, Enterprise Information Management, and have the opportunity to work on integrated campaigns.
Our winning candidate will be proactive, creative, collaborative, and detail oriented. They will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be excited by code, data and technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with modern PHP development (Laravel, Composer, PSR-x, Symfony components, LAMP) and major open source PHP projects including Drupal and WordPress
- Experience working with APIs from vendors or third parties (Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps, and YouTube)
- Proficient in handling complex technical development concepts, the latest software tools and technologies, and have a strong understanding of algorithms, data structures and design
- A high level of knowledge on Object Oriented Design principles and MVC architecture
- Strong experience with various hosting platforms (AWS, Linode, Rackspace) and network operations
- An understanding of frontend technologies and able to code in HTML/Jquery
- Able to provide scope and quotes and able to plan out tasks well
- Understanding of bug tracking tools, specifically Jira and Hipchat
- Understanding of database indexing and normalization
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Previous work experience in an agency or comparable environment
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This position is not remote and is based in Toronto
- Work on backend PHP code
- Work on various databases, primarily MySQL
- Work with Laravel and MVC methodology
- Work with GIT, Linux and similar process technologies and environments
- Work with Dependency Management (Composer)
- Able to make loose technical plans and timelines for project managers and client services
- Able to manage DevOps related activities
- Work with our internal QA team using to resolve bugs through Jira
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the Project Management team
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
DDB Canada is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We also offer reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.