Temporary/Freelance Associate Creative Director
BE AN ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR@SPIKE DDB
Spike DDB, a joint partnership between filmmaker Spike Lee and Omnicom Group's DDB Worldwide, is a fully integrated advertising and marketing agency with a focus on trendsetter, cross cultural and millennial audiences. Spike DDB opened its doors in 1997 and is headquartered in the creatively burgeoning Brooklyn.
Our mission is to work with brands who aspire to improve the quality of life of people through connecting our common values.
What will you be working on?
We are seeking an Associate Creative Director for a temporary/freelance assignment to work closely with the Creative Directors to implement the vision and direction for the account and team. The position is also responsible for providing conceptual and artistic direction for the projects as well as provides day to day leadership across lines of business as well as projects.
If you’re looking for some of the same, Spike DDB is right for you.
A week in the life of an Associate Creative Director@SpikeDDB
You’ll join us at our Brooklyn location, where you’ll work with senior staff to establish objectives and strategies for our clients. You’ll establish and maintain high internal quality by originating creative ideas, managing project timelines, adhering to Creative Briefs, ensuring consistency of strategic branding.
You’ll oversee the art direction process by meeting regularly with Designers, Copywriters and Account Management to assess project development, review work product and determine whether project is on target and within the scope of the Creative Brief.
You’ll act as a client liaison by presenting various stages of work product to the client and effectively responding to client requests or inquiries in a timely manner. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll be accountable for:
- Providing accurate written ad copy and/or visual as appropriate by conducting brand and/or product research, applying consistent style and message across brand documents, understanding style and referencing usage, applying appropriate regulatory requirements, etc.
- Providing supervision and oversight to freelance staff by determining appropriate project assignment based on individual skill sets, orienting new employees to agency SOPs, providing necessary resources and direction, and responding to questions.
- Maintaining consistently high executional excellence by ensuring appropriate resources are assigned to projects, timelines are managed, and strategic brand objectives are promoted.
- Ensuring smooth internal workflow by utilizing effective delegation, the assignment/reassignment of appropriate resources to jobs, providing direction and counsel as needed.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience, talent, judgment and imagination for the creation of an advertisement
- Ability to produce cutting edge, creative, and exceptional design work
- Exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients
- Experience working on integrated creative campaigns and non-traditional advertising
- Ability to lead a team and mentor junior team members
- Proactive thinking
- Ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day directing of a project to completion
- Ability to team play with engagement managers, production, and technology
- Strong client managing skills
- Multi-cultural creative marketing experience preferred
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
Getting noticed by the client as a key contributor. You create and own ideas that shape our industry, and that meet or exceed their expectations and business goals.
Potential option to convert from temp-to-perm.
Spike DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Spike DDB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Spike DDB will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner similar with local laws. Our goal is to be actively unbiased and positively inclusive workplace.