Freelance Digital Strategist
DDB New York is looking for a Freelance Digital Strategist to join the team in working across the fashion, beauty, lifestyle vertical. They will be a key part of a highly collaborative team that develops strategies, campaigns, content and reporting. They will work in both a strategic and tactical standpoint, as well as managing the day-to-day operations across communities. The ideal candidate must be passionate about digital/social and in tune with internet culture and consumer behavior at large. This role is very client facing, and so the candidate must have impeccable attention to detail and strong oral/written communication skills.
We’re looking for someone who is curious, ambitious, kind, and a creative problem solver. This role is perfect for someone who is hands on and has social media basics under their belt looking to develop their careers towards broader digital strategy.
Knowledge of Client Business
- Demonstrate understanding of how the client business and account operates for the agency; how the target behaves in social channels
- Proactive in monitoring community, culture and brand conversation, insights and ideas for the brand to act on.
- Reactive in responding to client questions, requests or needs while always taking a beat to think through the right approach and long-term implications.
- Keep tabs on the competitive landscape and share industry news/innovations in the digital and social space on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to lead day-to-day workstreams such as monitoring of social media channels, handling incoming questions, managing various streams of paid and organic posts.
- Educate both agency and client on best practices and digital trends as they evolve, making sure our brands are always developing and distributing best in class work.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with appropriate Client contacts and partner agency network
- Establish strong relationships with internal team members across all agency departments, particularly creative teams
- Collaborate closely with project managers & account team to manage expectations and get to delivery of an ongoing, high volume of creative assets
- Strategy –In working with fellow digital strategists, be the brand steward across the digital ecosystem. Lead and assist in the development of various deliverables like playbooks, campaign strategies, response plans, POVs, trends and reports.
- Social Monitoring + Management – monitor and create a dialogue with client’s engaged audience to leverage brand message and build brand loyalty, bringing proactive opportunities to the table. Traffic and public assets to brand pages.
- Reporting – Lead in creation of reports that measure a variety of metrics and key indicators on a set cadence. Support in ad hoc requests and IAT wrap up reports
- Content - Be the last check before go live to ensure brand TOV/personality, and serve as the voice in both engagement and content
Skills & Traits
A successful Digital Strategist continuously strives to embody the skills and traits defined below:
- Interest and/or experience in the beauty/fashion/lifestyle category
- 3-5 years experience in social media or community management, preferably at an agency where they have experience in balancing multiple brands/streams of work
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple clients and projects.
- Experience with social media management tools (ex. Sprout, Sprinklr, Brandwatch) as well as all relevant social networks and their various tools/resources
- Excitement to dig into always-on creative optimization and ability to tell a compelling story through reporting
- Comfort working with teams at all levels. DDB is a collaborative environment and we value input from various departments and backgrounds
- Resilient – help to build a social culture inside the agency and with the client