Senior Copywriter U.S. Army
DDB Chicago is looking for a Senior Copywriter to join the US Army team. The work being developed by this team is modern, diverse and aspirational!
At DDB, we believe Creativity Is The Most Powerful Force In Business. Our job put simply is to help our clients make intuitive leaps they couldn't make alone that help them grow beyond their wildest dreams.
The Senior Copywriter, typically work with a Senior Art Director partner. The Sr. Art Director/ Sr. Copywriter team is responsible for executing the creative and marketing strategy for all projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with the Client Service and Strategic Planning teams regarding marketing and creative strategies for brand concepts, providing insight and challenging the brief as appropriate in order to raise the agency’s creative offering
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve the creative product
- Generates and develops concepts and ideas, which meet the requirements of the brief as well as the client’s-branding standards that are of a consistently high standard
- Ensures the proper placement, context and meaning of every word as well as the overall message within a creative assignment
- Establishes tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate with the target audience and fulfill the project objectives
- Is able to prepare a range integrated copy from development of headlines and editorial copy to scripts for audio / video recordings,, questionnaires, brochures, posters, POS material, and navigational button names
- Understands and accepts the need to amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director or clients
- Participates in (and may lead) brainstorming sessions
- Works daily with the Project Manager or Account Team to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within budget.
- Seeks approvals from CD's on all work before delivery to Account or Client.
- Participates in (and may lead) brainstorms.
- Assists in developing presentation materials for business development projects.
- Assists CD in presenting work to client.
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve DDB’s creative product.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
Organizational Relationships and Contacts
- Reports to CD's.
- Partners with Sr. Art Director.
- Directs the work of external creative vendors.
- Collaborates with mainline agency counterparts.
DDB is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.