Account Executive - CRM
The Account Executive is responsible for the day-to-day execution and management of tasks projects and programs. This position will report to the VP, Account Director.
Position includes day-to-day work on an insurance/financial services client's small business, financial services and customer retention programs including; CRM journeys, commercial business lines, banking and life insurance. The Account Executive should be versed in a variety of marketing channels including; one-to-one communications experiences (direct mail, email, collateral and online experiences) as well as mass media (video, digital and social).
In addition - our team is often called upon to act as strategic marketing consultants – working closely with our clients to uncover untapped business potential in product positioning, product innovation and customer experience mapping.
- Effectively supervising projects with the primary goal being the achievement of clients’ marketing objectives.
- Ensuring that clear, comprehensive and concise briefs and client requests are submitted.
- Efficiently and effectively interacting with appropriate agency executives and staff.
- Balances Agency POV while also serving as the client advocate.
- Is a team player; contributing and volunteering above and beyond normal duties.
- Effectively communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding the client’s marketing communications needs, and effectively communicating them to creative, media, and other appropriate departments and/or executives.
- Presenting the agency’s recommendations and point-of-view to clients.
- Take accurate notes at meetings so that key points and required action steps are concisely summarized in conference reports or other appropriate communications.
- Maintaining direct, timely, and appropriate communications with clients.
- Build and maintain positive, lasting client relationships.
- Active listener to client perceptions and can anticipate questions and needs.
- Gain a thorough understanding of client’s business and industry.
- Assist and lead strategic / business planning and direction with clients.
- Plan effectively to avoid crisis situations, but if they develop, report and discuss them with your management supervisor.
- Move projects from kickoff to delivery, keeping stakeholders informed and consulted, resulting in timely and accurate deliverables in partnership with project management.
- Proactively determine next steps in assignments or projects with client partners.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (but relevant work experience will be considered).
- Experience agency or allied communications industry experience that provides an understanding of CRM, advertising, marketing, media, creative, production, public relations, research, agency finance, etc.
- Comfortable with data and analytics; curious about measurement and focused on producing results for our client.
- Experience assembling and managing budgets and schedules with multiple dependencies.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills as well an articulate, friendly, “whatever it takes” attitude, along with a strong work ethic.
- Comfortable in consultative sales and presentation environment.
- Full understanding of the principles of marketing communications planning.
- Ability to establish and build productive relationships with diverse personalities.
- Proficient with PC /Mac and collaboration applications, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) a plus.
- Some travel required to client site in Bloomington, IL and other locations as determined by project (about 10- 15%).