Digital Creative Director
What we believe
At DDB, we believe that creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach’s notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity, and overcome anything thrown their way.
What we need
The creative lead for this this role requires a deep bench knowledge and experience in measurable/performance-based media as well as the ability to think in the brand space. While creative assignments will be largely lower-funnel based, a comfort with brand/awareness level thinking is necessary.
Expectations and Skills
- Strong sense of user-centered design, including
o Customer Experience (CX) – Working with multiple touch points (with comms planners) to understand the entirety of campaigns/platforms and goals of specific channels/platforms. This results in a creative and data-informed content strategy/approach of which the creative team is a key stakeholder.
o User Experience (UX) – Experience in designing work that focuses on valuable, usable, and accessible ways. Working with UX strategists, the creative team will place the proverbial meat on the bones (and shuffle bones around, as needed).
- Interface Design – Beyond creative beautiful work, a keen understanding within specific touch points (creative/designing for social feed, mobile-first email, responsive design, voice interfaces, etc.). The creative team will own the craft of usable and distinguished/own-able creative that lives and breathes with purpose. This could also include elements of longer-form/web copy and video as appropriate based on the medium (think: beyond paid media ad formats).
- Conversion Expertise – A geek about the creative psychological levers that can make people take action within dynamic and complex A/B/multivariate testing scenarios
o Familiarity with data-informed (not data-led!) strategy and placing bets with good evidence, creatively
o Experience across multiple touch points (web, dynamic media/DCO, email, social)
What is required
Leadership Qualities/Soft Skills
- Ability to inspire and reignite team
- Strong client partnership experience and willingness to spend significant face-time with client
- Comfort work iteratively with client and inter-agency partners
- Willingness to collaborative with partner agencies throughout the process; “We” not “I” mentality based on no lead agency model
- Ability to attack creative challenges through a solution-, business-problem lens vs. creative lens.
- CD level or higher. Experience mix will trump current title/yrs of experience
Think you can help shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
DDB reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of DDB to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.