Account Executive - Healthcare
Account Executives are passionate about getting the job done. In fact, they are the ultimate project manager, firing on all cylinders all the time. They assist in the execution of all marketing activities driving their business. They anticipate the entire process, from who is involved, to what needs to get done, and how it all fits together. Account Executives contribute to their client’s business through their strong understanding of the creative product and their role in its creation, and through their knowledge of the client, the client’s business and their consumer. They are expected to act and think creatively and strategically, contributing to their team, but also owning their projects and integrating around ideas. Account Executives must inspire confidence to deliver the integrated resources that best meet the needs of their client’s business.
Core attributes of an Account Executive are: Contributor, Solution-Oriented and Idea-Oriented.
*MUST HAVE at least 1 year of healthcare/pharmaceutical experience in order to be considered*
- Proactively questions and problem-solves with creative, production and media departments to ensure smooth progress on all client projects.
- Adept at identifying potential problems and developing recommended solutions to review with their Account Supervisor/Account Director.
- Adds value to the creative process by providing ideas and support and helping to overcome possible obstacles.
- Participates in the assessment of creative from a strategic perspective; offering relevant, insightful feedback and developing the case to sell the work.
- Takes initiative with clients, proactively offering thinking and ideas.
- Manages client budgets carefully and responsibly, setting a good example for Assistant Account Executive and junior clients.
- Doesn’t just identify problems, but actively seeks process solutions and brings these forth to their manager.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of all status and budget reports to the client and agency team members. Ensures budgets and timelines are met and alerts team of potential issues.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of their client’s business.
- Co-Owns, with Strategic Planner, the consumer (and the facts and context surrounding them), the product facts, the legal liability (what we can/can’t say in communication); and the competitive landscape.
- Understands the role of strategy holistically; can take consumer insights and relevant brand data and use them to develop cogent strategic options for the team to consider.
- Understands how each assignment fits into the brand scope, why an idea is right, and the context surrounding that idea (the source of volume, the frame of reference, etc.).
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of agency processes and the time required to complete each stage. Can formulate the implication of changes to budget and delivery timelines.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility. Establishes brand non-working budget forecasts and manages client estimates and billing.
- Displays a superior understanding of the needs of each department (agency and client side when necessary) that will be involved in the execution of client projects. Provides key, relevant information to these departments in a timely manner.
- Has a working knowledge of all DDB tools and the credentials and processes of partner companies.
- Actively trains and supports Assistant Account Executive’s development, by exposing him/her to all facets of advertising and the brand, and progressively allowing more independence.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in Marketing/Advertising.
- 1+ year in the healthcare/pharma space.
- Proven experience in effective project management.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
- Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient.
- Readiness for personal responsibility.
- Strong time management skills.
DDB NY is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB NY does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.