The Media Director takes the lead on managing the client relationships and managing the media team. This position requires highly-developed time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Work directly with clients and contribute to solving their business challenges
- Collaborate with the creative, strategy, digital and account management teams to develop integrated plans
- Oversee the development of media goals, objectives, strategies and tactics
- Manage the media budget
- Determine media accountability standards, both quantitative and qualitative
- Represent the agency to clients, industry and internal partners
- Brutally organized, with project status top of mind or at least at their fingertips.
- Contributes to new business pitches, as needed.
- Demonstrates confidence in and can articulate their own POV, as well as the agency POV
- Effectively manage the team’s workload, and identify issues and determine resource solutions as needed
- Set client expectations for deliverables for campaign, projects, etc.
- Manage communication with other departments to ensure work schedules are in place, and media deadlines are met
- Collaborate on developing agency Point of Views on media issues
- Take a lead role in creating and presenting new business pitches
- Understands Rodgers Townsend as a company and its philosophy; brings the Rodgers Townsend values to life
- Manages up & down effectively
- Shares best practices with internal and client teams
- Champion the agency’s POV and contribute your own personal vision for media strategies and multi-channel program offerings for clients
- Ensure that we are constantly innovating and providing clear value for our clients
- Collaborate with internal teams to create and optimize high-performing marketing programs
- Think creatively and inspires creativity in their clients and agency team.
- Champions 360’ ideas and solution-neutral thinking
- Nurtures and protects the integrity of the creative idea; takes the creative to new places
- Is a true partner to his/her creative & strategy partners.
- Synthesizes consumer insights, brand knowledge and marketing know-how to effectively defend and persuade their clients to embrace a strong strategic idea and keep it sold
- Initiates and implements big-picture thinking, guiding the agency team to produce superior results.
- 10+ years of professional media planning/buying experience in Advertising
- Knowledge of online media planning and campaign management tools
- Previous experience in digital ad placement (Facebook, Instagram, Google Ad Words, etc.) is required. Preferably in an agency environment
- Superior presentation and writing skills
- Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient
- Readiness for personal responsibility