WHO WE ARE
DDB is a worldwide collection of talent, cultures and ideas united by the power of creativity. It's our fundamental belief that creativity is the most powerful force in business. Our strength lies in our individual areas of expertise, and how we best utilize them to deliver effective business results for complex problems. We are passionate about our craft and pursue excellence in all that we do. Last, but not least, (we think), we are fun to be with.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic Account/Project Manager to join our Vancouver office. You will assist in the execution of all marketing activities driving your business. The Account/Project Manager will anticipate the entire process, from who is involved, to what needs to get done, and how it all fits together. You will contribute to your clients’ business through your strong understanding of the creative product and your role in its creation, and through your knowledge of the client, the client’s business and the consumer. The Account/Project Manager is expected to act and think creatively and strategically, contributing to the team, but also owning your projects and integrating around ideas. You will inspire confidence to deliver the integrated resources that best meet the needs of your clients’ business.
- Proactively questions and problem-solves with creative, production and media departments to ensure smooth progress on all client projects.
- Adept at identifying potential problems and developing recommended solutions to review with their Account Director and Director of Production
- Adds value to the creative process by providing ideas and support and helping to overcome possible obstacles.
- Participates in the assessment of creative from a strategic perspective; offering relevant, insightful feedback and developing the case to sell the work.
- Takes initiative with clients, proactively offering thinking and ideas.
- Manages client budgets carefully and responsibly
- Doesn’t just identify problems, but actively seeks process solutions and brings these forth to their manager.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of all status and budget reports to the client and agency team members. Ensures budgets and timelines are met and alerts team of potential issues.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of their client’s business.
- Understands the role of strategy holistically; can take consumer insights and relevant brand data and use them to develop cogent strategic options for the team to consider.
- Understands how each assignment fits into the brand scope, why an idea is right, and the context surrounding that idea (the source of volume, the frame of reference, etc.).
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of agency processes and the time required to complete each stage. Can formulate the implication of changes to budget and delivery timelines.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility. Establishes brand non-working budget forecasts and manages client estimates and billing.
- Displays a superior understanding of the needs of each department (agency and client side when necessary) that will be involved in the execution of client projects. Provides key, relevant information to these departments in a timely manner.
- Effectively fields questions from various departments pertaining to a brand/project, by demonstrating an understanding of client objectives, issues and requirements.
- Forges strong relationships among key partner departments to facilitate the smooth progress of client projects.
- Builds client confidence by demonstrating an ability to creatively manage and deliver a quality product, on time, on strategy and on budget.
- Keeps managers and entire team informed of key developments on the business.
- Maintains constant contact with client counterpart to update them on the status of projects.
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery. Excellent written skills.
- Is the ultimate project manager; knows how to get it done. Is the go-to person for the execution of all advertising plans.
- Where possible, makes problems go away through proactive management.
- Takes initiative to make appropriate decisions and uses good judgment when doing so.
- Exhibits integrity, professionalism, dependability and mature thinking.
WHAT YOU HAVE
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience: 5-7 years of progressive marketing and/or agency experience
- Required Skills: Proven protector of client brands. You must thrive in a fast paced environment, be self motivated and hardworking with a true passion for creative problem solving and project management. Proven leadership, communication, and entrepreneurial spirit. Ability to motivate, manage and work collaboratively across functions, stakeholders and levels of management. Excellent project management, analytical and problem solving abilities, with a focus on creative solutions. You are solution-oriented, assertive and resilient, and take personal responsibility with strong time management skills. You will love that no day is the same, enjoy wearing all the different hats, and getting things done on time and budget in a professional, friendly, and creative team environment
- Education: University degree preferred- Business or marketing degree
WHAT WE OFFER
DDB Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great clients, fun office environment, an exceptional team of professionals to work with, and yes, even Hot Dog Days.
If this is you, apply online with your cover letter & resume.
We thank all applicants in for their interest, and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.