Senior Content Strategist
At DDB, we believe Creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do. By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it. We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
We are currently seeking a Senior Content Strategist to assist our Brand Strategy Director and Head of Strategy in making exceptional social content, unlocking the combined power of multiple media channels, and build integrated campaigns that turn heads and stop people in their feeds. Ideally, you are part social expert, part media nerd, and a best practice champion. This candidate will be responsible for applying their right-brain grey matter to break complex problems down into simple audience insights, content strategies, roll-out plans, and measurement solutions that prove effectiveness. They will have an eye for breakthrough content and strive to lead clients and creative teams to work that is both effective and famous.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads strategic development of content for creative campaigns.
- Collaborates closely with our strategy, account, and production leads to facilitate seamless strategic development, creative ideation and execution of social/digital creative campaigns.
- Identifies content opportunities via trending topics and social behaviors.
- Helps execute real-time responses to join conversations where applicable.
- Co-leads client, agency partners, and others in development of a master content plan that results in integrated and successful campaigns.
- Develops creatively inspiring briefs and propositions to drive clarity in the quality of creative work in the group.
- Inspires internal teams, clients, and external teams in how strategic communications can be used to bring content ideas to life, ensuring that the creative team have a sophisticated understanding of how the media units and digital platforms work and how we can leverage unique platform benefits or strengths.
- Synthesizes technical information into more digestible and accessible ideas and “best-practices” that inspire more effective and natively compelling creative solutions.
- Shapes tactical go-to-market plans once creative ideas are on the table – helping unlock a suite of content types and assets needed to build a robust social program.
- Analyzes short and medium-term goals and determine team objectives and identify the necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives.
- Is seen as the content strategy champion for training and development, and facilitates organizational learning when it comes to tools and best practices, as well as, promoting knowledge and sharing.
- Engenders respect and builds effective relationships with business partners at the appropriate levels.
- 5 or more years social/content strategy experience
- Digital native, who is comfortable building integrated campaigns and utilizing content strategy and playing to different channel strengths to increase audience impact.
- A strong understanding of the key social platforms and the current social landscape – best practices, innovations, and creative opportunities.
- Proficiency in Keynote, Google Docs and Powerpoint for building client-facing presentations.
- Working knowledge of social listening platforms like Crimson Hexagon, BrandWatch, or Sysmos.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Analytics experience - knowledge of correct metrics to use, quantitative analysis of marketing efforts and results, and how to utilize metrics to improve campaigns
- Adept at working with creative teams from briefing and conception into production, and passionate about bringing new thinking to the ideation process.
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, comfortable presenting and leading meetings with mid to high level clients and colleagues.
- An appetite/talent for simplifying the complex and creating inspiring, interesting briefs where others might fear to tread.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams seamlessly and independently.
- A keen and curious mind that helps brands take inspired leaps rooted in cultural insights.
- A systems thinker who loves to understand how things work, and how to hack and push the limits of how things are intended to be used to deliver innovative outcomes.
- The ability to not just deduce and distill, but also to project and inspire.
- A true team player that has the ability to collaborate with internal teammates, clients and multiple agency partners on strategies.
DDB SF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB SF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. DDB SF will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.