Are you a conceptual and strategic expert, a proven master of creating original creative solutions to clients toughest problems? Are you always looking for the best solution for your clients needs, delivering thought leadership and creative solutions as well as articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices? Do you like to win awards?
DDB Chicago is looking for a fulltime Creative Director to join their passionate and digitally savvy creative team. This is a unique opportunity to work with an award winning team and lead an internationally renowned brand.
As the pivotal leader of this team, you will be responsible for coaching and mentoring art directors and copywriters, pushing them to create the best work possible. Working collaboratively across the agency with all disciplines, and leading the creative solution in partnership with peers and teams from the Account, Strategy, User Experience, Content, Analytics, Technology and Social Media Teams.
If you possess exceptional listening, communication and critical thinking skills and are a persuasive presenter we want to hear from you.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to realize the brand vision and marketing objectives through strong creative ideas.
- Experience managing and coaching Copywriters and Art Directors by providing inspiring direction on creative briefs.
- Proven relationship building with Creative Technologist, Designers, UX and Producers to bring the work to life.
- Experience with external creative vendors (illustrators, production houses, photographers etc.)
- Ability to plan, create, and present powerful concepts and executions.
- Effectively communicates in a business like manner with a diverse range of people, both internally, with clients, and within the DDB Network.
- Desire to build profile for DDB through social media, public speaking & industry events.
- Demonstrates a superior and effective written and visual presentation style, while overseeing the creation and production of presentation materials.
- Responsible for the proper placement, context and meaning of creative element, as well as the overall message within a creative assignment.
- Successful track record of contributing to new business opportunities; playing a critical role in winning new business.
- Ability to execute creative process for development and production.
- Awareness and interest in innovative technology that may enhance a client’s marketing message.
- Experience defining and assembling all necessary creative assets.
- Desire to spread expertise, passion, and innovation throughout office & Creative Department.
- Demonstrates collaboration with other creative staff to share learning and experience.
- Ability to provide the department with procedural initiatives that will enhance quality, productivity, and profitability.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, and character.
- An exceptional portfolio
- 5-7+ years experience in a creative leadership role
- Proven ability to develop award-winning creative concepts, copy and design.
- Proven ability to manage a multi-disciplinary creative team.
- B.A. in Communication Arts or equivalent.