Director of Analytics
The Analytics Director role is responsible for conceptualizing, designing & delivering marketing analytics spanning opportunity identification/quantification, segmentation/targeting, media/social analytics, website or online experience analytics, marketing analytics including Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) evaluations and Customer Behavior Path measurement. The Analytics Director works closely with acct management, media, strategic planning and creative teams to plan, execute and evaluate a broad range of strategic marketing initiatives and programs. This role is the primary owner of the client relationship thus requiring appropriate client management experience & skills.
The Analytics Director is a hands-on role that will work to build the overall analytics practice for the agency while also selling and delivering work to clients.
- Develop a data analytics function for the agency.
- Hire and guide and manage analyst/sr. analysts in performing extraction of data sets from multiple marketing/database platforms and perform hygiene and quality control steps (this will happen over time as the department grows). Data sources will include: web analytic tools, media analytics, customer databases, social listening tools, search tools, syndicated data, research & survey tools, etc.
- Willingness to be hands-on in working with clients and delivering assignments.
Expert knowledge of analytic techniques such as: time series data analysis, segmentation, univariate & multivariate statistical analysis, modeling, various metrics and key performance indicators, research & test design, significance testing, variance and growth calculations, forecasting, return on investment.
- Expert knowledge of analytic solutions platforms and software
- Expert knowledge of marketing/advertising/research principles
- Expert knowledge and applied experience in all significant online/digital channels.
- Expert skills in Excel functions: Pivots, advanced formulas/macros, multi-spreadsheet links
- Oversee analysts/sr. analysts/managers as they complete client deliverables
- Oversee development of analytical plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
*Minimum 7 years of experience in strategic marketing analytics
*Minimum 7 years of experience with digital-specific analytics
*Hands-on experience pitching and winning new business
*Advanced knowledge of media, social, web site analysis, audience targeting tools and vendors, including both quantitative tracking and research methodologies (DART, Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst, comScore, Dynamic Logic, etc.)
*Experience in scoping, pricing and staffing analytic engagements.
*Thought leadership in new marketing analytics methodologies, techniques, tools & technology
*Manage/advanced knowledge of various external vendors including online services firms, content management, advanced modeling, research firms, 3rd party ad server, demand side providers, rich media vendors, email marketing companies, as well as office services firms: direct mail, telemarketing, events marketing firms.
*Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
*Demonstrated expertise utilizing media research and external data sources including Nielsen, Simmons, media planning platforms, eMarketing, Forrester Research, Gartner
*Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment
*Strong verbal and written communications
*Proactive, outgoing and can work collaboratively with cross-capability team members
*Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Computer Science, Decision Science, Economics, Information Management Studies, Integrated Marketing Communications, Bio-statistics, Bio-informatics, Psychology, Sociology.
*Marketing or Business coursework is required.
* Coursework in Statistics, Calculus, or Advanced Math is desired.
* Masters or MBA a preferred.
* Advanced knowledge and competency of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Knowledge of one of the following: SAS, SPSS, SQL, Java, HTML/XML.