Senior Java Developer
The core responsibility is to work with the Technical Lead, developing on time and to budget and in a manner that meets the client’s requirements and continues to improve the quality of the project.
- Writing and testing code to a high standard across platforms and browsers and setting high standards for others to follow
- Providing accurate times and costs for project briefs and helping project management understand the use of the time and the skills required
- Analysing project briefs to accurately produce technical/functional specifications
- Being thorough in any documentation and ensuring documentation from other members is of a high standard
- Keeping track of changes in industry technologies and best practices and where applicable imparting this knowledge to others
Key Technical Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of development using Java with over 5 years commercial experience including large complex projects
- Ability to produce well-structured, testable and maintainable code
- Experience developing functionally rich, high traffic and high availability websites
- Comfortable working with a CLI and Linux environments, such as CentOS
- Working knowledge of applicable Internet standards and protocols
- Knowledge and experience of using build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience of using continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience of using testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Knowledge and experience using source control systems such as Git
- Knowledge and experience of using Java web frameworks such as Spring
- Experience of using and implementing RESTful API end-points
- Good working knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL
- Intimate knowledge and experience developing and maintaining web applications using Java
- Ability to quickly grasp, review and contribute code within a large, complex architecture
- Knowledge of common development best practices (e.g. TDD, clean code, SOLID)
- Experience of managing and coding simultaneous projects with complex interdependencies
- Understanding of the project management processes involved in large website development
- Ability to multitask across projects and demonstrate flexibility to changing priorities
- Experience of scoping large technical projects with a high level of accuracy
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA
The successful candidate will:
- Work and communicate effectively with other team members across disciplines
- Pay attention to detail and have a commitment to quality
- Be able to present to a high standard both internally and more importantly to clients. They must be articulate and show a clear understanding of the work being presented
- Be eager to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Take ownership and solve problems in a resourceful and professional manner
- Be committed to keeping their skills and knowledge up-to-date by following industry trends, attending conferences/talks and having relevant certifications
We’re Tribal Worldwide London.
We create the world’s most loved digital experiences.
We’re creative people. We’re technology people. We’re strategic people.
But most of all, we’re people people. We ideate, innovate, learn and iterate.
A specialist digital agency, we’ve been creating award-winning work for clients like Volkswagen, O2, Morrisons, Guinness, Exxon Mobil and Fitness First for 20 years.
A Tribal person is a blend of passion, dedication and imagination. You think big and you work hard. You can see the whole picture and you care about the details. You want to make work that’s real, connected and great. Come and join us.
N.B. This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise. Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.