Freelance Project Manager
At DDB, we believe creativity is the most powerful force in business. We strive to maintain a culture that is wildly creative and as human as the work that we do.
By bringing together diverse thinkers with different backgrounds and perspectives, we validate Bill Bernbach's notion that an idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.
We seek out people who challenge themselves, have a relentless curiosity and overcome anything thrown their way.
Think you can shape a new generation of work? Give us a shout.
We are looking for a freelance Project Manager to join our team until end of year (possibility for full-time hire at the end of the assignment).
Day-to-Day Core Competencies:
- Project Integration Management
- Keen understanding of integrating multi-agency and -discipline team across a project.
- Responsible for project communications and process adherence across multi-agency and -discipline teams.
- Project Scope Management
- Responsible for understanding project scope and preventing scope creep.
- Identify shifts in timing, deliverables, and resources while communicating potential impacts.
- Project Schedule Management
- Develop and manage project timelines based on hour needed to complete the deliverables required.
- Able to break project down into small pieces (stages) and understand the deliverables at each stage.
- Project Cost Management
- Determine and manage project burn reporting with finance team including tracking, mitigating, and reporting on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Partner with finance, account, creative, and production teams to ensure weekly and monthly tracking of budget and hours is accurate and within scope.
- Ensure client billing is accurate by tracking, reporting, evaluating, and controlling projects.
- Project Quality Management
- Working with Account Management lead, ensure process, documentation, reporting, and other enhancements are enacted as needed in order to ensure client satisfaction and optimal product delivery.
- Capture lessons learned throughout a project and apply lessons to future projects, as well as develop and implement plans for best practice enhancements and improvements.
- Project Resource Management
- Engage and manage appropriate talent and resource allocation at all project stages.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking for resourcing all projects.
- Project Risk Management
- Manage and communicate with risk management tools on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative risk management with skill and confidence. Ability to accurately articulate risk management/mitigation plans and escalate high risk issues with management.
- Define, manage, and mitigate risks, including taking a proactive, approach to solve issues before they arise or manage as they come up.
- Project Communication Management
- Ensure involvement of the appropriate teams during each project phase.
- Drive open and honest communications across all teams to ensure no roadblocks in projects.
- 3 years of project management experience within an advertising agency or with multi-agency teams across disciplines.
- Solid track record of successfully leading projects from initiation to completion on time, on budget, and within scope, including resource management across disciplines.
- Complete understanding of principles of marketing and communications planning, including strategy, creative, and production practices.
DDB NY is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. DDB NY does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.