Senior Digital Analyst
Tribal Data Science
Data is everywhere and everyone is collecting it. However, not everyone knows how to leverage it for growth, competitive advantage and delivering a superior customer experience.
As organisations collect more and more data about their business and customers, harnessing the value of that data becomes ever more important for achieving strategic goals. Understanding how their business operates and how their customers react can provide strategic and tactical opportunities for growth as well as a competitive advantage. Businesses cannot longer afford not to leverage the opportunities which data provides.
We help organisations refine value from the raw data they collect through advanced data science. We can help you report and visualise what the data is telling you about your business and customers, use predictive analytics to determine how you should respond, and then through the application of data science techniques operationalise this knowledge into your existing business processes so that it can be routinely used and referenced going forward.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our new and growing data science practice for a senior digital analyst with 5+ years’ experience. The Senior Digital Analyst will be responsible for supporting the delivery of actionable and impactful insight, based on data from various sources, as well as managing the team of analysts in the UK and offshore in Jakarta.
This position will allow the successful candidate to make a real difference by driving change through recommendations and optimisation for our clients’ digital initiatives including: websites, apps and digital campaigns. This role is for someone who wants to make an impact working across the range of our clients, which include VW, SEAT, Exxon and others, by being proactive and identifying where opportunities are for our client to enhance or optimise their digital initiatives.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate skills across the following areas:
Insight and Analytics
- Proficient in developing reports and dashboards, in Adobe Analytics, Google, Excel, and/or PowerBI to help answer ad-hoc and regular queries
- Ability to use Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics to extract data for client requests
- Proficient in extracting data from various sources (Adobe, GA, databases, etc) and populating reports in Excel and/or PowerBI
- Understands the technical aspects of how digital data is collected and can guide the software/web development teams through a tracking and tagging schema
- Able to create custom variables and properties in Adobe Analytics
- Understand how campaign tracking works and be able to formulate campaign tracking logic
- Understand how data from apps is collected and the various tools available to collect and report on the data
- Be able to take numbers and provide context, meaning and insights for the client, which should lead to recommendations to make changes or optimise existing activities
- Help clients understand what these numbers mean for them and what changes they need to make to improve performance of their digital properties
- Experience of and presenting findings from survey data, and what it means to the client
- Where problems occur with numbers, be able to identify the source of the problem, whether that be tagging issues, formula issues in excel or using incorrect custom metrics.
- Always paying attention to detail so that problems can be spotted before they go to the client
- Help clients understand what they want from the data, so it helps them answer the business question, this will include gathering business requirements and formulating briefs
- Improving data quality and robustness by putting processes in place to ensure data is always accurate
- Where possible, identifying opportunities to improve reports and dashboards and other aspects of client deliverables
- Automating extraction and creation of reports in Excel or other 3rd party tools
- Able to work closely with the UK based analysts and the off-shore team to deliver all client briefs
- Coordinating with the team to assign roles and responsibilities to get weekly and monthly reports out to the clients on time and to a high standard
- Be the key point of contact for client requests and be responsible for delivering them either independently or in collaboration with the off-shore team
- Be the key contact for the Technology team to advise on tagging/tracking issues
- Have regular calls/meetings with the rest of the data science team and the wider Tribal team to keep abreast of all client developments as well as updating everyone else
- Help manage a project planner with the rest of the team to prioritise and schedule all requests, alongside using JIRA to keep track of the requests progress
Tribal is the Total Experience agency
We connect brands with technologies that solve real life problems. And by blending online and offline experience with internal culture and process we create products, services and communications that people love.
With six specialist practices – designed to stand alone as well as snap together – we’re focused on creating value for customers and clients alike. Whether you draw on our expertise in Business Consultancy, Data Science and Customer Experience or Tech Engineering, Creative and Innovation, we’ll help you redefine customer experience from the inside out.
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise.
Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.