Lead Business Analyst
The details about what’s expected from this role on a daily basis are below, but more than that this is an opportunity to help us reimagine the BA function in Tribal. The Business Analysis team was historically part of the Technology Practice at Tribal, but as we’ve progressively moved way from big platform projects to more bespoke, customer experience and service design orientated activities we feel it’s important for the BA team to now be part of the Customer Experience practice. Our CX activity includes UX design, information architecture, research and testing, visual design and experience strategy.
It’s our belief that CX and BA functions make very complementary partners, both groups strive to deliver research driven solutions using similar tools and techniques, it’s simply that the BA is primarily champion for the business and CX primarily is champion of end user.
We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst with outstanding business analysis capabilities, experience and a hands-on, positive, can-do attitude.
- You will have the ability to quickly understand and translate business needs into requirements…and the ability to articulate these needs clearly, to various cross-functional stakeholder groups, at various levels of seniority
- You will be capable of setting the direction for a project or programme of work… and then handing over to the other Business Analysts in your team
- You will be enthusiastic… possessing creativity and tenacity to thrive in a challenging environment
- You will be comfortable working as a member of a project team… and just as comfortable managing your own workload, defining your tasks and creating appropriate deliverables
- Estimation; defining or confirming the business analysis activities, deliverables and timescales in response to the brief
- Partnerships: with the QA lead; delivery managers; UX; Dev; other Business Analysts and the QA team
- Manage the requirements process; elicit, analyse, control and articulate the requirements appropriate to the project needs
- Set the direction for programmes or projects across different clients
- Identify and confirm business objectives which will help prioritise the requirements and manage client and project team expectations around scope and business value
- Gather information that will help formulate a fit for purpose solution and manage options and recommendations that will demonstrate to the client teams that you understand and can articulate what they need
- Create relevant documentation, this may include: requirements specification/catalogue; process models (as-is/to-be); user stories
- Work with Delivery teams to allocate the right resource; work with UX, Dev, TA, PM to scope, define and design solutions for client initiatives
- Manage the BA team
You will …
- Have solid examples of practical experience in business analysis tools and techniques
- Be comfortable working on new or existing systems; defining the needs for amends with as much enthusiasm as brand new builds and solutions
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have team lead/management experience
- Have digital experience, preferably across a variety of different clients/industries/systems
- Be accountable for your work and proud of your high quality deliverables, every time you deliver something
- Have the ability to untangle complex problems in imaginative and creative ways and articulate complex ideas and be able to transform complexity into simplicity for different audiences
- Know when to stop analysing and start prioritising and be able to deal with ambiguity
- Be adaptable and have the pragmatism to use your own experiences to decide what tools and techniques will work and when, or when it is appropriate to try something else
- Have cross-functional experience working with other disciplines (namely UX, Tech/Architecture, QA and Design), possibly within an Agile environment, or using Agile practices
- Be curious and creative and be able to get to the heart of a problem to decouple the solution from the intrinsic business need
- Possess strong, practical stakeholder management experience
- Understand automotive and have experience within that industry
- Should be used to operating at a programme level or in complex projects
You may also have …
- Knowledge of BA tools, eg: JIRA, Axure, MS Visio/Omnigraffle, Trello, Confluence
- Experience working within an agency/client environment
- Formal certification in Business Analysis (BCS/IIBA)
- Experience of working within both Agile and Waterfall frameworks
- Practical knowledge of process modelling/mapping
- Experience in digital product management
- Operated in a consultant capacity, building close relationships with clients or product owners to engender trust and ongoing advice.
- A side hustle that you are passionate about that makes you stand out from the crowd.