Senior Account Director
Tribal’s success has been driven by its strong Client relationships. As part of our dedicated team a Senior Account Director works to lead and grow client business, giving strategic direction on one or more of Tribal’s accounts.
The Senior Account Director we're looking for is required to be financially literate, both to help develop business cases for new work and to oversee all financial forecasts and reconciliations for their Client(s). In addition, during a project, a Senior Account Director should communicate as appropriate to Director-level employees at the Client, as well as acting as a point of escalation for the day-to-day project sponsor.
A Senior Account Director here at Tribal tends to work alongside the Client’s marketing and technology teams and Agency partners to develop long-term mutually beneficial relationships that ensure the ongoing success of client projects, as well as relationships.
Lastly as a Senior Account Director presenting and communicating is a core skill so, as a result, you will be asked to work on agency new business efforts from time-to-time.
What’s my role?
This role has six key objectives and measures:
- To lead the strategic direction of the account
- To provide business consultancy that will result in the further use of digital, where appropriate
- To ensure we have full 12-month visibility of budgets and financial forecasts
- To improve customer satisfaction within 2 quarters – as measured by a customer satisfaction survey
- To act as a point of contact and consultation within the account team
- To ensure quality and consistency across all work created by the team
To meet the above objectives, you are responsible for the following areas:
- To support Business Director (BD) with client revenue generation. This is likely to be a mix of both confirmed, forecast revenue and new business
- Overall responsibility for billing and forecasting this revenue, work with BD to ensure billing milestones are being met
- It is the SAD’s responsibility to lead the team to win the work, oversee the management of the implementation and handle any issue escalation
- To be responsible for building deep and trustworthy relationships with key identified client and be perceived as their business partner. To build relationships with key inter-agency partners
- To demonstrate ability to build relationships and sell-in to senior levels within the client’s organisation
- To ensure relationships are managed by other team members (either those you manage or work with)
Strategic & client development
- To have a full understanding of your client’s business, issues and objectives
- To ensure that these are being met and exceeded through everything that we are doing
- To uncover client development opportunities through the client as well as through the client’s organisation
- To identify opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of additional Tribal practices and services
- Support the new business team, where required, ensure we are pushing our work into press, award entries, etc
- To be responsible for key resources that report into you and share knowledge with the team
- To deal with and resolve issues that are escalated to you
- To nurture and develop their skills so that they deliver the excellent client service
- To demonstrate and lead by example against Tribal values
- To be responsible for the quality of direct reports and team output, from status reports to implementation
- To ensure we deliver creative and challenging ideas and excellent quality implementation
- To push the boundaries and look to take a leading position in everything we deliver
Essential skills & competencies
- Understanding of marketing communications and technology
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Team leader and team player
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to get involved, get your hands dirty and ability to drive business
- Demonstrable experience of leading digital transformation programmes (£5m+)
We’re Tribal Worldwide London.
We create the world’s most loved digital experiences.
We’re creative people. We’re technology people. We’re strategic people.
But most of all, we’re people people. We ideate, innovate, learn and iterate.
A specialist digital agency, we’ve been creating award-winning work for clients like Volkswagen, O2, ŠKODA, Adidas, Exxon Mobil and Wren Kitchens for 20 years.
A Tribal person is a blend of passion, dedication and imagination.
You think big and you work hard.
You can see the whole picture and you care about the details.
You want to make work that’s real, connected and great.
Come and join us.
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise.
Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.