Global Brand Lead - Mars Wrigley
The Global Brand Lead is responsible for leading the development of all global communication programs for Skittles, one of the most creatively awarded and recognized brands in the world. This position requires significant experience in developing award-winning, Global communication strategies, and campaigns that deliver business results. This role sits within the Global Hub for Mars Wrigley Confectionery Brands based at DDB Chicago, reporting directly to the Global Segment Lead (GSL).
Primary responsibility is to lead, inspire and strive for the best creative work possible to continue the strong creative pedigree of this iconic, disruptive brand around the world. To do so, you’ll need to lead and manage a motivated account team, partner well with high-performing strategists and inspire talented creatives. Additionally, you will need to develop deep relationships with senior Mars Wrigley clients and the larger integrated agency team (media, PR, shopper) to ensure all are working towards the same creative vision and strategy.
- Building the disruptive Skittles brand story in the US and around the world via campaigns that “can travel”
- Ensuring creative excellence against each and every brief to build on the brands incredible award-winning success (In, 2018 Skittles had the most awarded brand campaign in the world).
- Elevating the quality of strategic and creative work in local markets outside of global workstreams through strategic guidance, consultation and relationship management (local DDB and Mars)
- Translating Mars Marketing Philosophy (LoG- Laws of Growth) into powerful brand stories and results.
- Bringing a global mindset to all strategic and creative development to ensure it will resonate in any market that it needs to appear (e.g., cultural nuances, insights)
- Acting as lead integrator across a wide array of integrated agency partners and clients (local and global) to ensure all are working towards the same creative vision and goal
- Leadership- Needs to be comfortable setting the pace for this brand from developing the overarching approach to inspiring the team to selling in the work.
- Creative credibility- Needs experience developing and leading award-winning campaigns
- Superb strategic, writing and presentation skills that enable you to own a room
- Flexibility- Needs to be able to adapt to shifting client landscape, local/global challenges and capitalize on opportunities as they arise.
- Ability to lead large (and at times complicated), cross functional, interagency and client teams to success by setting a clear vision and corresponding plan
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to bridge creative gaps and differences across teams, cultures, markets and personalities
This person should be a passionate student of people, global cultures, storytelling, and should be willing to collaborate on the establishment of a new operation model for Global Mars Wrigley Brands within the Agency. This position requires at least 12-15 years of experience in marketing or communications and should be comfortable driving the end-to-end creative development process.