Director of Strategy
The Director of Strategy is responsible for the management and development of an increasingly diversified Strategy team and will play a pivotal and visible role in new business efforts.
This role will have wider impact on the agency as an active member of the agency Executive Leadership Team.
- Partners with creative, account and media teams throughout strategic and development process to ensure cutting-edge thinking and execution
- Challenges clients to think differently about their business, helping them understand how unexpected solutions can transform their business.
- Informed by data and inputs of all forms, develops sound and inspiring briefs and propositions to drive the quality of Agency’s creative product
- Understands and has deep experience with channel/comms planning, and can marry messaging objectives to opportunities in the consumer journey and across channels to grow the client’s business
- Develops insights from consumer research, brand understanding, marketplace data, culture
- Passion for analytics and ability serve as conduit between agency brand teams and client and/or partner analyst teams; and create actionable activation loops back to the agency process and product
- Ensures that campaigns are strategically rooted in means to measure and drive campaign effectiveness
- Looks beyond the commonly accepted approach and seeks opportunities for modifying and adapting existing practices. Where possible pursues new ideas or innovative approaches.
- Provides leadership and direction for diversifying Strategy team of 4-6 team members
- Communicates a compelling vision and strategic plan for the agency in a way that inspires and engages all
- Analyzes short and long-term goals and determines Strategy team objectives; identifies necessary critical tasks to achieve these objectives, including training and development
- Identifies, finds and takes advantages of available resources to complete work better/faster/smarter
- Champions pitches and prospect meetings/conversations, either directly or indirectly as leader/empowerer of Strategy team
- Demonstrates versatility and flexibility, is able to quick shift and drive new directions
- Ensures delivery of creative strategic solutions with consistency and speed without compromising the overall product.
- Visible leader and publisher via personal and agency social presence
Agency Operations Leader
- Visible leader – social presence, pedigree, network of experience; promotes knowledge and sharing within and outside RT
- Makes best use of time and resources against client revenue
- Is seen as the Strategy Champion for training and development and facilitates learning when it comes to planning tools and practices
- Engenders respect and builds effective relationships with business partners at appropriate levels
- Accountable for client satisfaction when it comes to Strategy adding value
- Sets and holds accountable for specific performance goals and measures
- Able to recognize the best talent in the marketplace and effectively attract and retain
- 15+ years relevant experience, with at least 10 years in communications strategy functions within agency environments
- Strong digital/social background a requirement; telecom/service/financial category experience a plus, but generally prefer a pedigree across categories
- History of inspiring and influencing others, previous management experience of multiple direct reports
- Strong history of employing data as a story-telling device; ability to create and inspire beyond the numbers
- Risk taker who is open to change and has a knack for developing unconventional ideas, original opinions and insights. Bias for action and optimization over theory
- Organized individual who can prioritize, meet deadlines, improve processes, be a guardian of the bottom line, and manage time effectively
- Possess a positive attitude. Able to build effective relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers. Team player. Listens and shows respect for other points of view
- History of actions demonstrating commitment to DE&I