Senior UX Designer
A Tribal Worldwide Senior UX Designer covers a broad range of activities from strategic thought leadership to detailed client solutions. As a digital agency of record, we respond to a wide range of client needs, so no two briefs will be the same. The role demands a thorough and timely executed range of services either designed and executed by yourself or delivered through management of other UX team members.
The role demands a self-starter attitude, and the confidence to run with a project independently.
We are looking for an accomplished hands-on practitioner who is also able to interface well with clients. Beyond just meetings and presentations, that includes pro-active thinking, solutions for client briefs, development, review and approvals of Statements of Work through to project QA. This role reports directly to the Head of Experience Design, with whom you’ll work closely. You will also frequently partner with Creative Directors, Strategists and Technologists - all with the goal of helping take Tribal experience design to the next level.
As our business evolves we are seeing the boundaries between UX design, service design and product design increasingly blur. We’re looking for someone that likes the sound of that and wants to help us drive that agenda to further broaden the scope of the activities that we undertake.
We encourage an entrepreneurial attitude and like you to be on the lookout for new project opportunities and innovation initiatives. We offer a warm and inclusive working environment at Tribal Worldwide, with a well established learning and development programme to help our people grow both professionally and personally. There are also a wide range of benefits from free breakfast and season ticket loans to onsite physio and cycle to work schemes.
We need someone capable in most, if not all, of these:
- Deep knowledge of user-centred design and human computer interaction principles
- Ability to apply critical thinking and deliver problem solving solutions for digital products, platforms and services
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Able to create informed user journeys for a range of segments/personas
- Solid sketching ability to explore user interface design
- Ability to create prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients (Sketch, Invision, Axure, Keynote etc.)
- Extensive experience conducting multidimensional faceted heuristic reviews and competitive benchmarking
- Ability to develop sophisticated wireframes, functional specifications and interactive prototypes with design tools including Sketch, Axure, Invision and other animation software where needed.
- Some experience planning, developing and running workshops
- Familiarity with Mac OS X/PC and proficiency in a variety of business applications including MS Office, Google Docs, Keynote etc.
- Helping lead and working alongside colleagues to develop user experiences that deliver human engagement, drive positive behaviour change and provide noteworthy ROI for clients
- Ability to map and visualise user journeys
- Ability to plan and run user research and usability testing, and commission the same
- Understanding target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into pen portraits to assess an existing experiences, products and services
- Readiness, on occasion, to extend your role to include activities normally associated with other disciplines.
- Able to manage email with appropriate response level
As a Senior UX Designer you will be responsible for:
- Representing Tribal Worldwide London and it’s interests in front of clients and on industry platforms
- Understanding our clients and their business needs very deeply, and helping their business succeed through the application of your skills and knowledge
- Ensuring that your work is on time and on budget and at the high standards expected of Tribal Worldwide
- Coach and direct more junior UX colleagues
- Using data and strategic insights to inform your processes and practice, crafting well structured rationale to support recommendations
- Communicate with colleagues and clients in a clear, structured and concise manner through appropriate channels and technology
- Contributing to the evolution of the team and thus the wider transformation of Tribal Worldwide London.
Ideally you should also have:
- Qualification in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Architecture, Psychology, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction.
We’d be really interested to know if you have:
- Experience of approaches, techniques and tools of Service Design including customer experience mapping, service blueprints, empathy mapping etc.
- Exposure to creating experiences employing virtual reality, mixed reality or augmented reality technologies.
- Designed experiences employing voice interface.
- Worked on projects that have addressed the growing opportunities around bridging online and real world experiences.
- Any experience working with brands in the following sectors: automotive, retail, hotels, travel, entertainment and healthcare.
An inclusive culture is at the heart of Tribal Worldwide London
We are a global Tribe and we believe diversity inspires creativity and change.
We welcome and respect diverse perspectives and are stronger for them.
We employ the best minds in our business and strive to ensure our environment is supportive and inclusive for all.
Length of contract
This role will be a temporary to permanent role where based on performance and outcome of current pitch activity we would aim to transfer the candidate from a FTC contract to a permanent contract in six months (June/July 2020)
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise.
Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.