Creative Director team
In 1949, three enterprising gentlemen, Bill Bernbach, Ned Doyle and Maxwell Dane gave the advertising industry a wake-up call. They introduced a new approach to marketing that relied on insight into human nature, respect for the consumer, and the power of creativity. In short, they said: Let's stop talking at people and let's start conversations that lead to action. This heritage is a unique strength that continually tells us who we are, what we believe and how we should behave. It inspires us to continually challenge standard convention. Today, DDB Chicago has over 250 full-time employees and a robust client roster including State Farm, Capital One, Miller Lite, Jeep, Skittles, Starburst and more. As an award-winning agency, we continue to push the boundaries of advertising.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Helps oversee a staff of writers and art directors, and is responsible for the quality of their work.
- All work on the account is initiated through you and your partner
- Deliver strategically sound conceptual thinking and craftsman-like advertising across multiple brands and media channels.
- Create platform ideas that fits the space, i.e. TV and radio scripts, social media content, digital ads, etc.
- See work through from rough concept to finish and ship.
- Responsible for successfully "directing" multiple aspects of the copy components of an ad campaign: print, television, or interactive, etc.
- Exhibit leadership and organizational skills when dealing with production partners. Has an understanding of how to work with and direct partners according to the concept, how to discuss talent, lighting, set design, post effects, and how these properties affect the final product.
- Responsible for understanding film. Should have a broad awareness of directors and their work and be able to identify their particular strengths and their appropriateness to a particular project.
- Present work in client meetings with energy and enthusiasm in order to “sell” that work.
- Partner closely with account, planning and production team counterparts.
- Helps to create and maintain a high energy level with those personnel assigned to their group or project
- Work successfully with a creative partner
- Stays current and savvy to trends in advertising but also in culture in general.
- Seeks out improvement, training & growth opportunities
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8+ years agency experience
- Full trust in covering client meetings, shoots, running day-to-day while creative lead is out.
- Is responsible for making sure teams deliver work that is on strategy, revisions that address feedback
- Proactively seeking opportunities to push work to the next level
- Providing guidance/direction to others—thinking beyond their own work
- Loops in ECD/CCO for sign-off on work