We are looking for a Content Manager to work on a leading automotive account. Working within the Content Management Team and reporting to a Senior Content Manager or a Lead Content Manager, you will be responsible for curating, improving and maintaining website and app content using content management systems and other relevant tools, services and platforms.
We are looking for a result-driven individual with exceptional attention to detail, excellent time management, and who is proud of their work. Working well under pressure, you should be comfortable expressing your opinion, with a can-do attitude and willingness to use your initiative.
- Work with Tribal colleagues and clients to curate, maintain and improve content.
- Use content management systems and other relevant tools, services and platforms.
- Respond to client briefs and advise on the best use of resources.
- Maintain and, where appropriate, enhance quality of content, demonstrating excellent attention to detail.
- Apply visual and editorial style guidance consistently and diligently.
- Consider the user’s total experience and how to enhance it.
- Proactively generate ideas that can help improve our work and produce better results for our clients.
- Use analysis and reporting to understand content performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Communicate and liaise with colleagues and clients to overcome challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
- Use issue management systems such as Jira to manage your workload.
- Able to prioritise tasks, understand your capacity and set expectations for delivery.
Key skills and experience required
- 3+ years hands-on experience using content management systems (CMS) for day-to-day work – AEM is a plus.
- Understanding of user experience and content management governance and principles.
- Excellent written communication skills, specifically spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently when required; safe pair of hands; proactive and an enthusiastic; team player.
- Able to work well under pressure and hit deadlines first time every time.
- Natural problem solver.
- Able to write status updates.
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel (MS Project desirable but not essential).
- Good people person.
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Pension scheme, Life Assurance, Permanent Health Insurance.
- Progressive training and development initiatives.
- Gym discounts, hobby fund, and lots more benefits to help you achieve a work-life balance.
We’re Tribal Worldwide London.
We are the Total Experience Agency.
We’ve been creating award-winning work for clients like Volkswagen, O2, adidas, Johnson & Johnson, GSK and Fitness First for 20 years.
We’re creative people. We’re technology people. We’re strategic people.
But most of all, we’re people, people.
We ideate, innovate, learn and iterate – with our clients and with ourselves.
A Tribal person is a blend of passion, dedication and imagination. You think big and you work hard. You can see the whole picture and you care about the details. You want to make work that’s real, connected and great.
Come and join us as we embark on the exciting next stage of our evolution in 2021.
Our Inclusive Culture
We are a global Tribe and we believe diversity inspires creativity and change.
We welcome and respect diverse perspectives and are stronger for them.
We employ the best minds in our business and strive to ensure our environment is supportive and inclusive for all.
N.B This job description will not form part of the contract of employment unless specified otherwise. Successful applicants will also be asked to confirm their eligibility to work in the UK and provide documentary evidence to support such status.