Senior Data Analyst
WHO WE ARE:
In 1949, three enterprising gentlemen, Bill Bernbach, Ned Doyle, and Maxwell Dane gave the advertising industry a wake-up call. They introduced a new approach to marketing that relied on insight into human nature, respect for the consumer, and the power of creativity. In short, they said: Let's stop talking at people and let's start conversations that lead to action.
This heritage is a unique strength that continually tells us who we are, what we believe and how we should behave. It inspires us to continually challenge standard convention. From Bill Bernbach to Keith Reinhard to the present generation of DDB leaders, we are continuing the revolution.
The Senior Analyst will oversee data-driven insights and performance analytics for the State Farm business.
This is a hands-on, client-facing role wherein you will lead the analysis of marketing campaigns across channels and platforms, orchestrating the findings in conjunction with inner-agency partners in client service, creative, and brand planning as well as across our inter-agency partners and client teams.
- Develop measurement and analytics plans for all projects ensuring proper KPI assignment, data collection, ROI Proforma, and targeting in order to produce data-driven intelligence from campaigns and programs.
- Produce campaign reports and analyses for all marketing channels (specifically but not limited to display, social, EM/DM, site analytics). This will include interpreting, presenting, and explaining results to a non-technical audience.
- Identify observations and insights around campaign results for optimization of cross channel campaigns or other direct marketing campaigns.
- Own test & learn agenda including test design, implementation, analysis, and reporting
- Inform component (creative, format, target, offer, message) optimization based on in-depth analysis by campaign or cross-campaign.
- Codify best practices, package case studies, share methods and define new standards in collaboration with the larger team.
- Other special projects as needed and assigned.
- 3-5 Years of analytical experience, ideally marketing agency experience
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) undergraduate degree required.
- Expertise in SQL/Python/R, Tableau, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, MS Office and strong knowledge of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data.
- Previous experience working with large databases and the ability to understand database design.
- Broad knowledge of and experience with statistical techniques such as: multivariate predictive modeling, multidimensional segmentation, factor analysis, lifetime value determinations, linear and logistic regression, CHAID analysis, fractional factorial test design, cluster analysis, and Markov Chains.
- Fluency in telling data-driven stories that are actionable, relevant, and inspiring—including writing and delivering final presentations to 100% completion.
- Ability to handle most communication with clients and vendors and develop proposals for existing clients and new prospects.