Junior Data Analyst, Digital Analytics
Junior Data Analyst, Digital Analytics
As the CRM arm of DDB Canada, TRACK DDB employs marketing analytics and data modelling to deliver highly targeted, relevant, 1:1 cross-channel communications to its clients’ customers, making them more loyal and more profitable. Beyond customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty programs, TRACK DDB specializes in developing and managing complex data-driven solutions for everything from e-commerce to marketing automation, partnering with companies to help them become innovative marketing powerhouses.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who will pair their marketing experience using digital channels with considerable skills in statistical data analysis to deliver valuable insights driven strategies for our internal teams and clients. In this role, you will be driven to find solutions for sophisticated challenges that span across creative, strategic, technical and analytical dimensions. He/she must have experience in finding and applying data-driven insights to lead business and marketing strategies. He/she will be a strong and confident communicator, who is adaptable to many different levels of data availability, analytics maturity and technology platforms/toolsets. He/she will have an opportunity to work with industry leading big brands and grow their skills across the full spectrum of data science in the field of digital analytics and customer analytics.
- Support analytics projects of varying sizes and complexities: including creating automated reports and dashboards, post campaign analysis/reports, ad hoc diagnostic analysis, web analytics implementation, content tagging and develop multivariate test designs for campaign strategies.
- Assist in driving strategy for customer acquisition, loyalty and conversion by developing models, personas, forecasts, scores/indices to meet short/long term client objectives/goals.
- Interpret analytics driven insights and recommend approaches and solutions that are relative to the strategic objectives of the project and client needs.
- Use advanced analytics techniques on large data sets for the purpose of delivering ad hoc analysis and insights; test hypothesis and formulate analytics-enabled solutions in the digital advertising landscape.
- Facilitate and perform consistent and reliable data collection, data enrichment, data integration and attribution processes, in addition to utilizing primary and secondary research methods.
- Post campaign performance analysis using summary statistics and diagnostic contribution analysis across segments and variables using statistical techniques and models.
- Creation of post campaign reports/presentations that are engaging, client-friendly, insightful, incorporating best practices in data visualization and story-telling, on an ad hoc/monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
You Must Have:
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, business analytics, or marketing.
- 1-2 years experience working with digital channels that include email, web, social or other channels that involved customer level targeted experiences.
- Experience with digital analytics platforms such as Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics (Omniture), and a sound understanding of email/web metrics.
- Good knowledge of data wrangling, data blending, data enrichment, statistical analysis, descriptive and diagnostic analytics techniques and insights generation.
- Advanced skills in Excel (pivots, macros, VBA, lookups etc.) and sound understanding of relational databases (SQL Server, MS Access, Amazon Redshift etc.)
- Working experience with data visualization platforms such as Tableau (preferred), Power BI or MicroStrategy.
- Strong data visualization skills that adheres to industry established best practices, and presentation skills to simplify and package complex ideas into intuitive, decision driving client presentations.
- Sound understanding of CRM principles, strategies and ideologies around acquisition, conversion, loyalty, engagement, retention and attrition models, consumer journey optimizations, and lifecycle marketing.
- Strong passion for the food service retail industry and for analyzing transactional datasets.
- Ability to be self-managed, work independently as well as to collaborate within an agile, fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with email marketing platforms such as Adobe Campaign, Exacttarget (Salesforce Marketing Cloud), Silverpop, Responsys etc.
- Experience with statistical analysis and advanced analytics methodologies (such as regression models, clustering, factor analysis, time series forecasting, ARIMA, ANOVA etc.) utilizing tools such as Alteryx/Minitab/SAS/Azure ML, or using languages such as R/Python.
- Experience with ad tech integrations for Adobe Campaign, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Experience Manager and Google Analytics 360.
- Experience with analytics driven cross-selling, up-selling methodologies for products with short/long product life times, and/or consumer packaged goods with short product life times.
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Python, or batch scripts to set up automations and integrations.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.