Temporary/Freelance Senior Account Executive
BE A SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE@SPIKE DDB
Spike DDB, a joint partnership between filmmaker Spike Lee and Omnicom Group's DDB Worldwide, is a fully integrated advertising and marketing agency with a focus on trendsetter, cross cultural and millennial audiences. Spike DDB opened its doors in 1997 and is headquartered in the creatively burgeoning Brooklyn.
Our mission is to work with brands who aspire to improve the quality of life of people through connecting our common values.
What will you be working on?
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive for a temporary/freelance assignment to serve as an agency catalyst for implementing and achieving the client’s tactical marketing plan by working with internal team members and external client personnel to determine campaign tactics. Under supervision, is tactically engaged in the day to day running of the account, shows strategic potential, and demonstrates a deep knowledge of the client’s business.
If you’re looking for some of the same, Spike DDB is right for you.
A week in the life of a Senior Account Executive@SpikeDDB
You’ll join us at our Brooklyn location, where you’ll work with senior staff to establish objectives and strategies for our clients. Reporting to the Senior Account Director, you’ll be accountable for:
External Project/Client Management
- Working with the client team, create a tactical implementation plan to achieve the client’s campaign objectives by reviewing the strategic plan, flushing out tactics, submitting to client for feedback and client approval.
- Write Creative Brief in line with client objectives by identifying the key project outcomes and soliciting client feedback and gaining approval prior to the job opening meeting.
- Stay abreast of each campaign current project and financial status by actively engaging in all meetings pertaining to the project and by consistent communications with the client to manage needs, deliverables and expectations.
- Act as the main client contact for managing questions, concerns, and project feedback by communicating with client and preparing Service Reports to document next steps and issue solutions for internal and external team members.
Internal Project/Team Management
- Write Creative Brief in line with client objectives by identifying the key project outcomes and soliciting creative feedback and consensus prior to reviewing it with the Client.
- Monitor projects ongoing adherence to Creative Brief by continually analyzing Brief content with project outcomes and reviewing Brief with internal team.
- Manage internal team resources to assure project is progressing by working with Project Director as a liaison between the Creative, Production and Account teams.
- Compiles client feedback on project and follows the internal workflow process until client approval is received by working with the team prior to executing changes.
- Create and assure that necessary resource base has been assigned to the project by working with management team on internal resource allocation and alerting management team if additional resources are required.
- Remain fully abreast of all potential brand influences by performing internet research, reading periodicals, attending presentations, advisory summits, participating in formal and information group discussions or market research with potential influencers (i.e. doctors, sales representatives, consumers, etc.).
- Provide ongoing training/mentoring to junior team members by engaging them in processes, meetings and deliverables.
- Manage the financial well-being of the account by reviewing and approving all billing tickets to assure accuracy of monthly agency billing and out-of pocket expenses, quarterly reconciliations and forecasting and alert senior management as budgetary issues/concerns arise.
- Prepare account financials by reviewing monthly and quarterly actuals with team, initiating expense transfers and by preparing quarterly reconciliations and forecasting.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years prior work experience preferably in an advertising environment
- General computer proficiency required
- Must possess a strong team orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving and influence skills
- Ability to regularly exercise judgment and discretion in order to manage projects
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Potential option to convert from temp-to-perm.
Spike DDB is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Spike DDB does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Spike DDB will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner similar with local laws. Our goal is to be actively unbiased and positively inclusive workplace.