We are one of North America’s leading Health and Lifestyle agencies, and our goal here at Anderson DDB is to treat each brand’s success as its own. So whether the product brought to us is consumer or health-related, whether the audience is the general public or medical professionals, we’ll do the research, examine the market -- learn everything we need to know to raise awareness among target audiences.
We are looking for a Medical Writer to join our team! The Medical Writer is a key member of the Creative team. As the Medical Writer you are expected to not only have solid technical skills but also make significant contributions to the overall creative process and to develop relationships both internally and with client.
- Convert information provided by the client and account personnel (information concerning unique selling points, target market profiles, purchase motivations, and so on) into an effective, persuasive sales message.
- Ensures message is presented in such a manner that it stands out and is relevant to potential customers.
- Develops the main idea of the advertisement presentation in conjunction with the art directors and sometimes copywriters, then creates its’ various verbal components: the headline, sub-headlines and body copy or text.
- Maintains copy quality control throughout all aspects of the production process.
- Understands marketing and creative strategies for assigned brands.
- Translates creative strategies into dramatic, innovative healthcare executional concepts.
- Provides medical copywriting expertise.
- Generates effective healthcare headlines and copy.
- Bring ideas to life with vivid language and examples.
- Strong knowledge of agency/copy/editorial process.
- Able to respond to the specific needs of a campaign with an appropriate healthcare writing style.
- Participate in market research.
- Contribute to all steps of creative process, including troubleshooting of potential problems.
- Oversee submission process for copy approval team meetings.
- Digest scientific material and understand client regulatory/FDA/PAAB guidelines.
- Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks under established deadlines
Qualities & Qualifications
Our preferred candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Science is preferred. Postgrad studies are an asset.
- Enthusiastic about the advertising process
- Outgoing, approachable, and a team player
- Superior editing, proofing and writing skills
- Willing to take on any task, no matter how small
- Multi-tasker and ability to prioritize
- Good interpersonal skills and relates well to both client and internal personnel
- Good organizational skills
- Shows ability to be proactive
- Show ability to think logically and analytically, even under pressure
- Shows respect for agency policy and procedures
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.