We are looking for a Medical Editor to join our team! Supporting both the Creative and Account Service teams, the Medical Editor is responsible for reviewing copy from draft to layout and final art for accuracy, brand style, and adherence to regulatory guidelines. As a vital link between several departments, the Medical Editor must be able to develop a harmonious working relationship with copywriters and medical writers, the account team, and production staff to ensure accurate and timely project completion.
- Copyedit and fact-check a variety of promotional and educational materials for physicians, other healthcare professionals, and patients across a variety of therapeutic categories
- Work closely with account executives, copywriters, medical writers, art directors, strategists, and other team members to ensure that materials are of the highest quality
- Assist writers and account executives with research and conduct online literature searches
- Prepare projects for regulatory submission, including reference annotation
- Maintain master list of references for each brand and build editorial style guides
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences
- 3-5 years’ experience copyediting in a health or pharmaceutical agency
- Superior editing, proofreading, and writing skills
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical advertising and US, Canadian, and global marketing regulations and submissions
- Preferred experience in inflammatory disease (RA, IBD)
- Familiarity with the American Medical Association style guide
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Champion of process
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter to David.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are also an inclusive employer and offer reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know when you submit your application.
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted.