Senior Data Strategist
Position Title: Senior Data Strategist
Location:Chicago preferred/NYC remote; Full-Time
Our Senior Data Strategist is a smart, kind and passionate champion of consumers who shape the strategies and stories that lead to stellar work. At their core, they’re both rigorous and imaginative thinkers and doers who shape a business strategy, leverage data and form a compelling consumer insight to help direct innovative and engaging ways for the client brand to connect with the consumer as a human being.
Someone practiced in Data & Analytics and performance marketing, but with an ambition to do it through a human insights and creativity lens versus just an “optimization” lens. The Senior Strategy Analyst is an expert on OMNI and other third party data sources and can help clients analyze their own data to draw insights and conclusions. This is not a heavy “big data” person who only works in the spreadsheets; you can turn data into actionable opportunities for strategists, creatives and clients.
Our team includes behavior planning, media connection planning, multicultural, social/digital, CRM and retail strategists, all supported by a unified data analytics team. We lead our agency and clients through setting the strategic direction across business, brand, content and context development, as well as real-time campaign optimization and learning.
- Support a large critical part of the Mars/Kroger integrated marketing/communications US scope of work
- Proficiently partner with digital teams at DDB, to turn data into actionable opportunities.
- Partner with analysts to help turn data into insights, by having the skills to mine for new fresh data driven ideas.
- Strong collaboration and client engagement skills will provide inspired, clear and succinct direction and Points-Of-View to direct the business and the work.
- Must be skilled and become invaluable in guiding, supporting and partnering with the creative teams during the integrated creative development process.
- 3+ years of planning, strategic planning and/or related communications experience within an integrated, digital or social agency environment, working with leading brands.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Post-Graduate/Portfolio School study in advertising or brand strategy preferred.
- Must have proven digital experience.
- Data experience; comfortable with data and analytics, and proficient in finding patterns within the data.
- Good writing/storytelling skills are a must.
- Possess broad and deep expertise in building brands, especially in CPG and/or retail categories.
- Must operate well in a flat and collaborative structure to deliver strategic solutions and roll up their sleeves to bring those solutions to life.
- Demonstrate proven experience working in cross-functional teams to come up with ideas far better than anyone could ever do alone and to foster a shared sense of ownership and success.
- On the road to becoming trusted by collegaues and clients as a source for ongoing thought leadership and counsel.
- Be brilliant while also being kind, generous and fun to work with.
- Be self motivated and self-directed.
- Must provide relevant work samples or website link for review.
225 North Michigan Avenue, Floor 21, Chicago, IL 60601